Saints looking for running power

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints looking for running power

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 11:51am I took Gallagher's remarks as being a whack to some of the players we already have (think Clark, Coffield etc). And Matt Hornsby who rightly just got the ar$e for the crap pre-season fitness program that left so poorly prepared for the 2021 season.

I just really hope we don't fall into the trap of drafting excellent athletes who we then try and turn into footballers. Gimme a footballer any day - I'd rather have Paddy Ryder's small left toenail on our list before Rhys Stanley
Pretty sure most of the kids that will be drafted in the top 20 are footballers ..... some are gun athletes as well

Re: not being fit - how does it explain the Round 1 GWS win?

I think our problem was more a mental one and having key players out which affected other players confidence levels ..... will put it down to a learning experience given how young most of our best 22 players are

Just my take

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 5:03pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 11:51am I took Gallagher's remarks as being a whack to some of the players we already have (think Clark, Coffield etc). And Matt Hornsby who rightly just got the ar$e for the crap pre-season fitness program that left so poorly prepared for the 2021 season.

I just really hope we don't fall into the trap of drafting excellent athletes who we then try and turn into footballers. Gimme a footballer any day - I'd rather have Paddy Ryder's small left toenail on our list before Rhys Stanley
Pretty sure most of the kids that will be drafted in the top 20 are footballers ..... some are gun athletes as well

I think our problem was more a mental one and having key players out which affected other players confidence levels ..... will put it down to a learning experience given how young most of our best 22 players are

Just my take
From memory that was a terrible game of football.
Both sides looked unfit and it was a case of us being slightly less insipid than them

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 3:20am
Saints58 wrote: Wed 15 Sep 2021 11:21pm There is a guy plays for Dandy stingrays Mac Andrew 200cm CHB and can really run and mark.
He is very light on though 78kg but that can be fixed with a few pre seasons check him out.
There's a fair amount on Andrew in another post -- "what we'll do with our 9th pick" or whatever it is similar.
We actually do need a CHB. It looks like Mac Andrew can do everything else as well.
And I mean make position and distribute like a gun midfielder, dominate the ruck, and clunk marks on the lead.
Just quietly - :wink: - not saying anything more ATM

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 8:38pm

Just my take
Both sides looked unfit and it was a case of us being slightly less insipid than them
86 to 78 - just a really hard fought game .... wasn't that terrible

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 10:06pm
Banger9798 wrote: Thu 16 Sep 2021 8:38pm

Just my take
86 to 78 - just a really hard fought game .... wasn't that terrible
IIRC the playing conditions (weather) were abysmal that day.