Grant Thomas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas

He just pocketed $118,000,000. Maybe he can bail his beloved Saints out of debt.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grant Thomas

saynta wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 4:21pm He just pocketed $118,000,000. Maybe he can bail his beloved Saints out of debt.
Surely that's lira. Don't be holding your breath there saynta.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 4:25pm
saynta wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 4:21pm He just pocketed $118,000,000. Maybe he can bail his beloved Saints out of debt.
Surely that's lira. Don't be holding your breath there saynta.
No it's dollars and I won't.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if he invested the millions he borrowed from Rod Butterss and never paid back.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What did he do?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The founders of digital bank Up have agreed to sell their fintech, Ferocia, to Bendigo and Adelaide Bank for $116 million, in the culmination of a nine-year partnership.

Up was launched in 2018, through a joint partnership between Melbourne-based fintech Ferocia and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank.

However, the partnership began back in 2012 when Ferocia founders Dom Pym and Grant Thomas began working with the bank as a vendor for its Bendigo e-banking app and Internet banking platform.

On Monday, Ferocia announced it would be fully acquired by its ASX-listed banking partner, in a share sale agreement for up to $116 million.

The acquisition will be paid in Bendigo shares, with a portion of the consideration to be contingent on future performance. It is expected to be completed by the final quarter of 2021.

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/startup ... quisition/

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Good luck to him I hope he's feeling generous :wink:

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe he's got time to come back and take over from Finnis.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

And there are tools on this forum who think we were better off sacking him

We probably did Grant a huge personal favour. He's nurtured and developed several business ventures and made a windfall for himself and his family

He keeps displaying real life tangible evidence of creativity, innovation, business acumen and the ability to succeed...but yeah, nah let's sack him and sue him and screw everything we were building towards

Idiots

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of successful business people, wasn't that Don Pyke's background before he took up coaching?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 5:38pm Speaking of successful business people, wasn't that Don Pyke's background before he took up coaching?
FIIK.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 5:31pm And there are tools on this forum who think we were better off sacking him

We probably did Grant a huge personal favour. He's nurtured and developed several business ventures and made a windfall for himself and his family

He keeps displaying real life tangible evidence of creativity, innovation, business acumen and the ability to succeed...but yeah, nah let's sack him and sue him and screw everything we were building towards

Idiots
Didn't he threaten to sue Butterrs and St Kilda?

The resume you just spelt out sounds fantastic for any key position at the football club other than coach. Why was he made coach? Let me guess, the club blew a million dollars on an uninterested party and GT happened to be the only one in the meeting to raise his hand to take over a very good list built from the promise of Blight.

Good luck to him, I suspect collateral damage and law suits before any tangible cash is realised. I hope I'm wrong for the investor's sake.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 6:27pm
Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 5:31pm And there are tools on this forum who think we were better off sacking him

Idiots

The resume you just spelt out sounds fantastic for any key position at the football club other than coach. Why was he made coach? Let me guess, the club blew a million dollars on an uninterested party and GT happened to be the only one in the meeting to raise his hand to take over a very good list built from the promise of Blight.

Good luck to him, I suspect collateral damage and law suits before any tangible cash is realised. I hope I'm wrong for the investor's sake.
No, not as far as I recall. Butters threatened to sue Thomas but fired him instead. Bad blood between former friends. one of whom was a coke head and womaniser.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 6:32pm

Idiots

No, not as far as I recall. Butters threatened to sue Thomas but fired him instead. Bad blood between former friends. one of whom was a coke head and womaniser.
Which one?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The one who admitted that he’s broke and blew it all up his nose. He also admitted to being an alcoholic iirc

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Idiots
Working with a crew a lot younger than him too but success in one domain doesn't automatically translate into success in another, but still, that is a fair effort by our Grant. Our buddy. :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 6:36pm The one who admitted that he’s broke and blew it all up his nose. He also admitted to being an alcoholic iirc
Could have been worse for him too. Nearly killed his new stepson using one of those quad bikes I was told by his bestie.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

As I said, good luck to him. Fingers crossed for the investors, I hope they all win.

I'll still take the word of a mate who played U/19s for Old Xavs the year GT coached & the word of my best mate who's a Warrnambool boy from the time.

I'll also back my ears when I heard him speak to a reasonably small group when he was coach, Rendell admitted they were copying the Lion's style, Burke spoke like a coach. Grant was the salesman and it was only ever going to be his way.

He spoke with passion, very convincing but always put a price on it. Would have loved him as the CEO, as long as he left the football department alone to concentrate on the incredible talent at their disposal.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So Blighty pissed off Grant again shows he is smarter in the real world as well as Board Room?

Ross pissed off he need not have left Saints because of investment failures, could have just got GT to invest for him?
(Putting aside the trifling matter that Ross can't develop or rebuild).

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 6:34pm

Idiots

Which one?
You are joking of course, aren't you.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 7:39pm

Idiots

Which one?
No I'm not, well done RB for admitting it. Does not mean his BEST mate did not indulge or wasn't privy to his weakness, his addiction, what he enjoyed. No mention of any of that when things were rosy between the two.

Just saying, my best mate and I know everything we get up to, good and bad. That's what makes him my best mate.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 7:50pm
saynta wrote: Fri 20 Aug 2021 7:39pm

Idiots

Which one?
No I'm not, well done RB for admitting it. Does not mean his BEST mate did not indulge or wasn't privy to his weakness, his addiction, what he enjoyed. No mention of any of that when things were rosy between the two.

Just saying, my best mate and I know everything we get up to, good and bad. That's what makes him my best mate.
Thomas has voiced his disapproval many times.

Things were rosy once then spiraled out of control. The excessive red wine consumption was indulged in by both of them it would seem but Thomas hated the drug taking and the blatant womanising.

Don't blame him either for that. Rod has since admitted that things got out of his control.

Thomas is basically a very decent person. Can't say the same about the former president. He f***ed up, big time. f***ed the club as well.

That's why Grant and butthead are no longer best mates. To suggest Thomas was part of the drug taking scene is f****** libelous.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

OK saynta, you've your beliefs, I've got mine. You want to believe one's admissions then condemn them whilst believing the story of the other, good for you.

I'll believe a young player, at the time, prior to GT even taking the head coach role at St Kilda and "coaching" in Warnambool.

Libellous, slander, I'll back the people with no skin in the game. I'll also back self interest for what it's worth. P.S.: I've no interest.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Why was he made coach?

coz it was the right decision ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
supersaints2
Club Player

Whatever opinion you have about GT he is likely the of the most loyal Saints ever.
I was told back on those days by some people who were more than ITK...
He broke Barkers nose after finding TB in a very compromising position with GT,s then Fiancée on a bench press in St Kilda gym.
GT was given his marching orders and traded to North Melbourne (At the time if I recall ..he was state rep CHB and a very decent player ).
It was reported by the club that TB broke his nose in a cricket match .
GT was a very, very family guy with morals that would outstrip most people ...He told Butters on numerous occasions , he would tell Butters wife about the current affair he was having unless he stopped it.. Hence the fall out ... I never was told anything about the money loans ( but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen)
It would not surprise me in the slightest that GT May look to help out the club..

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line