St KFC v Freo : Preview

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

St KFC v Freo : Preview

Dockers:
Well coached
Exciting young mid field
Disciplined and desperate in a tight finish
Lack finals experience
Best player injured

St. KFC
Coach has great emotional intelligence. Tactics ?
Poor mid field, indeterminate ages
Regularly give up winning leads and panic in tight finishes
Wealth of finals experience in veterans B. Hill and D. Hannebery. (Shame there will be no experiences for rest of list this year, anyway.. and who said you can't buy experience St KFC have bought plenty with those two and Frawley and not been stingy in the amounts paid. Should pay off any minute now)
Best Forward player injured

Tip: Freo by 49 points (after St KFC lead by 30pts at quarter time). Freo still miss finals. Saints scratch heads and balls again. Players singing WGAF just show me the money.

Disclosure: analyst has picked St Kilda to win successfully 9 times this year and been surprised with four of those.

Anyone else think Saints will fold on what ever day, time and venue mad Monday begins?

1965 Saint
Club Player

Re: St KFC v Freo : Preview

I can’t stand the thought of Fremantle or the Bummers playing in the finals (most likely to be the Bummers). The Bummers shouldn’t even be in the competition. Should have been deregistered

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 16 Aug 2021 10:20pm Dockers:
Well coached
Exciting young mid field
Lack finals experience
Best player injured

St. KFC
Wealth of finals experience in veterans B. Hill and D. Hannebery. (Shame there will be no experiences for rest of list this year, anyway.. and who said you can't buy experience St KFC have bought plenty with those two and Frawley and not been stingy in the amounts paid. Should pay off any minute now)

Tip: Freo by 49 points (after St KFC lead by 30pts at quarter time). Freo still miss finals. Saints scratch heads and balls again. Players singing WGAF just show me the money.

Disclosure: analyst has picked St Kilda to win successfully 9 times this year and been surprised with four of those.

Anyone else think Saints will fold on what ever day, time and venue mad Monday begins?
Hey mate remember Kosi & Blakes last game's Ross felt sorry for us & rested half the team & we owned them a pity Watters left Kosi on the bench for 3 quarters but that's different story . They went on to make the grand Final (unfortunately they lost)so maybe there is a hey we did you a favour swings & round abouts :wink:

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Hope Freo get there and kick some arse in the finals.
Couldn't possibly barrack for Geelong or the Bradburies and don't reckon Melbourne and Brisbane will go all the way.
The further Freo goes the more it will make Toss Lyon look bad!

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 16 Aug 2021 10:50pm Hope Freo get there and kick some arse in the finals.
Couldn't possibly barrack for Geelong or the Bradburies and don't reckon Melbourne and Brisbane will go all the way.
The further Freo goes the more it will make Toss Lyon look bad!
I detest West Coast but if they were playing Geelong in a Grand Final I'm not going to be too disappointed if they win :wink:

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

CH 7 news here in Perth is saying that due to lockdown in Victoria,
this weekend's game could be played in either
Tassy
Adelaide
Or Perth

As I live in Perth and was desperately looking forward to see us vs WCE, having them come here again gives me mixed feelings because I am locked in to work this Sunday, and my boss wlll not let me take a day off on short notice. Damn and double damn

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Well coached
Exciting young mid field
Lack finals experience
Best player injured

St. KFC

I hope we pick our best team. Always good to go out on a high note. I think we'll win, and win well. We played very well against Geelong until our best forward went down. Even then we fought the game out.
Freo's percentage is the same as ours - they've won one more game than us with a percentage of 89, ours is 88.
Our midfield is very handy.
We've had lots of bad luck with injury this season and to key players. Far more than any other club in the league this year.
We won a final last season.
We cough up leads, sure, but the jury is still out on Freo. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of beating us when they're missing Fyfe, Stephen Hill, and Sonny Walters.
The coach's tactics have been good enough to see us win 23 games in 45 matches, and 8 of those 22 losses have been by ten points or less. Not bad considering we have had 195 injuries/absences this season alone - and most to key personnel.
There;s often a dip year following a season that raises expectations.

But if we don't win, I hope Carlton do, and then we improve our draft position and cop a far friendlier draw in 2022.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
avid
Club Player

I'm hoping for a victory of about 10 points or less. We end on a high note, yet slip just under Freo on percentage for the draft.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well coached
Exciting young mid field
Lack finals experience
Best player injured

St. KFC

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote: Tue 17 Aug 2021 8:07pm I'm hoping for a victory of about 10 points or less. We end on a high note, yet slip just under Freo on percentage for the draft.
Yes I think anything more than a 10pt win would see us go above Freo and drop a draft pick

Keeping in mind we need the Tigers to beat the Hawks and the Eagles not to get totally obliterated by the Brions.

Of course if we don't win then the above is irrelevant unless Carlton beat GWS (unlikely) then we would drop to 13th :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Really dislike the Shockers, a f****** nothing team. We must beat them on Sunday.