Is there any interest in continuing the Eastern Memorial Saintsational Player of the Year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Is there any interest in continuing the Eastern Memorial Saintsational Player of the Year?

Yes - I enjoy viewing other peoples opinions
92%
No - Not interested
8%

Total votes: 25

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

After a stirring / season defining win last week only 24 people cast a vote for the Eastern Memorial Saintsational Player of the Year. Is there still any interest in it? Happy to continue doing it - or not.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is there any interest in continuing the Eastern Memorial Saintsational Player of the Year?

i fish and i vote(d)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is there any interest in continuing the Eastern Memorial Saintsational Player of the Year?

Yes for me

I missed the game last week though so abstained

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Can we have a category for "Yes, I enjoy telling people what their opinions should be"

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sanctorum
Club Player

Definitely worthwhile Daddyoh - reduced numbers voting is reflected in what I perceive to be a significant drop-off in general activity on this forum, maybe kosifantutti can comment on this, I could be wrong...

Could it be a sign of the extensive lockdowns in Victoria making everyone feel lethargic and having an impact on mental health overall during a bitter winter??

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep. my favorite post thread on game day.

minneapolis
Club Player

Yeah I like to have a long think about my votes and wait until I watch the game twice. Please keep doing it. Why stop?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 6:36am Why stop?
It was more that there is so much less participation - I took over 14 years ago - and there used to be pages of votes.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:00am It was more that there is so much less participation - I took over 14 years ago - and there used to be pages of votes.
I can see your point. it’s hardly worth the trouble. I guess they’ve all gone to BigFooty or Facebook or just given up on the Saints. I’ll try to remember to vote every week but don’t blame you if you give it away.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:34am
Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:00am It was more that there is so much less participation - I took over 14 years ago - and there used to be pages of votes.
I can see your point. it’s hardly worth the trouble. I guess they’ve all gone to BigFooty or Facebook or just given up on the Saints. I’ll try to remember to vote every week but don’t blame you if you give it away.
I think it’s one of the best aspects of Saintsational and many thanks to SD for his efforts

It’s fun but you shouldn’t feel obligated to come on and vote. I wouldn’t want people cheating and just throwing in names based on a write up on the AFL website or what some journo thinks who may not have watched every minute of the match!

Sometimes you agree and sometimes you don’t. Sometimes people point things out which makes you take another look. I used to rush my votes, but I usually wait until after I watch a replay.

avid
Club Player

It's the bit of Saintsational I like best.

Always appreciate your work Sainter-Dad

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Absolutely!!

PADDLEPOP1000
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

It's a yes for me

bergsone
SS Life Member

I like doing votes on the game,but wont unless I see the whole game,which isnt always possible

Keep up the great work sainter dad even if I dont get to vote enjoy seeing others opinions

George27
Club Player

Yes please keep it going. Scribbling notes at the end of each quarter as to who might be in the votes is a very enjoyable part of game day for me, as is reading the votes of others ( except when they say “ George - how could you possibly give XYZ a vote. “ !!! ).

I think frankly we have a better perspective as to who has had a good game than the members of the press, although probably not the coaches !

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

George27 wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:46pm Yes please keep it going. Scribbling notes at the end of each quarter as to who might be in the votes is a very enjoyable part of game day for me, as is reading the votes of others ( except when they say “ George - how could you possibly give XYZ a vote. “ !!! ).

I think frankly we have a better perspective as to who has had a good game than the members of the press, although probably not the coaches !
George - how could you possibly say we don't have a better grasp than the coaches!!! :oops: :mrgreen:

minneapolis
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:00am
minneapolis wrote: Fri 16 Jul 2021 6:36am Why stop?
It was more that there is so much less participation - I took over 14 years ago - and there used to be pages of votes.
Please keep going Dad. We really appreciate your efforts. It is a big part of this site and always adds enjoyment when watching the replay for me.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.