Twins for the Saints...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Twins for the Saints...

No, not the Kings.

But in case you missed it Ross had twin boys. Who knows maybe future father-sons.

St Kilda Football Club

A message from Seb Ross ♥️

"On behalf of myself and my family, I wanted to address some of the commentary around my decision to head home following the Sydney game. This was never meant to be about me, and the last few days have not only been tough on my family, but also an unnecessary distraction for the footy club I love.
When we were told we would be staying in Sydney longer than originally planned, I made the decision to go home and support my wife and our three young children with the intention - and hope - that I could apply for a border exemption and return in time to face Adelaide. When the team was eventually granted a fly-in, fly-out exemption to Queensland the Thursday before the game, my chances of joining them faded.

But I always knew that was the risk.

Although I was torn between my club obligations and my family obligations, it was a risk I was willing to take. I knew I needed to be at home to help my wife Marnie with our five-week-old twin boys Vinny and Henley and daughter Charlotte.
This was never to be about me not honouring my commitment to the St Kilda Football Club - the club that I’m committed to and am proud to represent. This was simply me supporting what I cherish most, my family.

Thank you to Ratts and the club for allowing me to explore every option with respect to playing or leaving and then supporting me when my decision was made.
I also want to take this opportunity to thank our truly loyal St Kilda fans and supporters and those within the wider AFL community for your heartfelt support over the last few days.
To that end, I can’t wait to run out there alongside the boys when we take on the Tigers and I hope you’ll be cheering us on.

Together We Rise ❤️🤍🖤"

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Twins for the Saints...

A well timed, well planned and dignified response. Well done Seb.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I feel a bit embarrassed that he’s felt the need to have to respond to fan criticism

Sure we pay our memberships, attend etc but geeez they must view the fan base as a miserable pack of outraged, entitled whingers

Really wasn’t that big a deal. It’s a game of football. Not even a final. If the club approves, I don’t really care

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

CHB and CHF

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:45pm I feel a bit embarrassed that he’s felt the need to have to respond to fan criticism

Sure we pay our memberships, attend etc but geeez they must view the fan base as a miserable pack of outraged, entitled whingers

Really wasn’t that big a deal. It’s a game of football. Not even a final. If the club approves, I don’t really care
Do you even like football?
‘I don’t really care.’???

I recall talking with the former CEO of Melbourne Victory just before he left the organisation. (Probably pushed)

I was discussing supporter back lash and the heat his organisation was under. He made a pertinent comment. ‘When the supporters stop caring, that’s the time to panic.’

In other words, supporters can b as irrational as they like, it’s when they stop commenting, carrying on, you know you have a problem

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 5:05pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:45pm I feel a bit embarrassed that he’s felt the need to have to respond to fan criticism

Do you even like football?
‘I don’t really care.’???

I recall talking with the former CEO of Melbourne Victory just before he left the organisation. (Probably pushed)

I was discussing supporter back lash and the heat his organisation was under. He made a pertinent comment. ‘When the supporters stop caring, that’s the time to panic.’

In other words, supporters can b as irrational as they like, it’s when they stop commenting, carrying on, you know you have a problem
That is a very good response

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Caro is ok, except for the football journalist bit.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:14pm A well timed, well planned and dignified response. Well done Seb.
I think it’s rubbish.
Of course it’s about him..100% about him doing what is right for his family.

We don’t mind that bit.

Do what you have to do Seb.

Next ..victim…

Me and my family have been subject to a,b,

Absolutely Seb and wife have been showered with support from players and ex players across the media landscape…the Jordan Lewis and all the baby carrying brigade.

It’s not his fault. It’s not their fault.

The club are in a terrible position. What can they do. Lethean gets lambasted for being wushu washy.

The club is painted as a satanic mill…

Supporters who even question the decision are branded as pigs

I find the picture is Seb wide and babies dressed in St Kilda outfits to be a cynical exercise in PR

These guys are all DM ing each other and are their wives..

It’s all fine and good..oK

It’s ok

We have backup players we recruited precisely for this scenario.

Ask Nathan Brown

Woops we let him go too!!

Mid contract.

Fine servant! Solid service..great fella bla bla Bala

We should be thankful we have anybody at all that wants to help run a footy club

There is no way I would have the balls to stop Seb going home..

Family first always.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Banger9798
SS Life Member

I wonder how those women go whose partners are on oilrigs, or WA mines for weeks or months on end....pretty sure BHP doesn't turn around and say... sure mate, twins, no problem....you shouldn't even have to ask

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Is it just a game of football?

This is not the VAFA

It’s professional sport, generating thosands of jobs and millions of dollars

It’s a cut throat business, with decisions ending careers.

It’s just a game of footy, no, it’s a job.

Shaggy
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 5:37pm
We should be thankful we have anybody at all that wants to help run a footy club

Family first always.
No-one could stop Seb going home. It was his choice.
We could of course sack/trade Seb at end of year to punish him for his decision.
Is that what you think is strong management?
Tigers let Dusty go to NZ despite the border closure risk.
Seb would have played in Sydney if the AFL had not moved the game.
IMO a redneck approach would really hurt us now just as the Treloar (too much family first risk with wife moving to Qland) debacle has imploded Collingwood.
Maybe we should tell Marshall and Steele they can only max at $700,000 unless they agree to club first ahead of family. That would work out well (sarcasm).

loris
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:28am

Family first always.
Too many are ignoring this fact.

66Iwasthere
Club Player

COVID has created a lot of uncertainty in people’s minds

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:28am

Family first always.
No-one could stop Seb going home. It was his choice.
We could of course sack/trade Seb at end of year to punish him for his decision.
Is that what you think is strong management?
Tigers let Dusty go to NZ despite the border closure risk.
IMO a redneck approach would really hurt us now just as the Treloar (too much family first risk with wife moving to Qland) debacle has imploded Collingwood.
Maybe we should tell Marshall and Steele they can only max at $700,000 unless they agree to club first ahead of family. That would work out well (sarcasm).
I’ll give you my opinion then. Subjective, opinion only, based on what I know. OK? Is that OK?

Seb should have played.
Seb was a candidate for captain, then vice captain, then leadership group.

He chose to go home because he didn’t want to risk getting trapped in a COVID bubble with rest of his team mates.

His kids were not sick.

He would have received encouragement to go home, from other players and wives across the footy community. They do not care about St Kilda.

We should try to implement a Melbourne style approach, as they showed with MecDonald.

I wouldn’t want to ‘punish’ or be a ‘red neck’, would you? I mean do you beat your wife? Of course not. Neither do I.

If Seb loses a few brownie points by not putting the team first and showing an example, I wouldn’t be surprised. If he gets picked up by another team next year, I wouldn’t mind either.

This is my opinion as a Saints supporter. So God help me.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
66Iwasthere
Club Player

COVID has changed things quite dramatically. A lot of uncertainty about being able to cross our state borders, sudden lockdowns, the experience of the hubs last year etc I don’t blame Seb for putting his young family first.