Its time for Matt Finn's to go!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Its time for Matt Finn's to go!

Finnis has run his race and its time for the club to bring in a new and fresh look in charge ! His public persona is comical and I doubt he holds any credibility in the industry. He did well getting us back to Moorabbin, but his handling of personnel in the Football Dept has been atrocious, costing the club millions and taking our onfield progress and list management back into the 'dark ages'.

Time to go Matt Finnis!
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Wed 16 Jun 2021 5:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Lenny
Club Player

Re: Its time for Matt Finn's to go!

How has he cost the Club Millions?

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Pitchforks again.........really?? :roll:

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Now it’s his fault?!

So our on field capitulation is due to the CEO??

Who has seen the move back to Moorabbin to a 40M training facility

Has seen us pass 50 000 members for the first time

Appointments of B Ratten, D.Rath, S.Lethlean, Gallagher whom we all lauded 12 months ago

Time to hit the panic button??

Melbourne didn’t, Bulldogs didn’t

Not sure Finnis was responsible for long term injuries of
Paton, Geary, Carlisle, Marshall, Jones, Gresham, Clark

Drop off of form by Coffield, Butler, Long, Lonie, Hill

Paddy needing to go home

Seb and Membrey missing the most important game of the year for personal leave.

Things just haven’t gone well this year.

Don’t need to throw the baby out with the bath water

Just reset, make a few adjustments and hopefully with a bit of injury luck… we push back up

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:17pm I doubt he holds any credibility in the industry. He did well getting us back to Moorabbin, but his handling of personnel in the Football Dept has been atrocious, costing the club millions and taking our onfield progress and list management back into the 'dark ages'.
The first sentence is opinion.

But can you explain about the personnel, the millions, onfield, and list management? I'm out of the loop with that stuff.

Cheers.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

If i was the Saints Property Steward i'd be concerned that i'll be the next target for the disgruntled.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Ok I may have gone a bit hard on him, but he has been in the job for 7 years. Morrabbin is a great facility and I gather he has been instrumental in growing membership numbers.

My concerns date back as far as the appointment of Richardson on Pelchens recommendation. He then extended Richardsons contract when it was obvious to every punter that he was a dud. When Pelchen left he appointed Bains as the List Manager with zero background in football. Then allowed Elshaugh to be appointed with no background in recruiting and continue on his completely incompetent ways for years.

Finnis then brought in Lethlean who has seriously hamstrung the club with his trading in of Hannebrey & Hill. Now Gallagher has a completely full cap with a very shallow list depth.

So in short Finnis has been good on the business front, but his footballing based decisions have been very poor!

Vazelos
Club Player

Some good points there his football performance has been very poor agreed.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

His football performance???

I suppose your right, he hasn’t got a kick?!

I am pretty sure he didn’t appoint Richo in 2013?? Could be wrong???

He resigned him after two pretty good seasons
12 wins in 2016

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Have a read of todays Matt McGowan's article in the HS titled:

Deep dive: St Kilda is paying the price for shunning the AFL Draft in the hunt for a quick flag fix.

Then return and suggest the club has made smart footballing decisions under Finnis's management!

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Bizarre that there'd be punters on here leaping to the defence of Finnis.

The team has performed abysmally under his management and, in the words of current pundits, "aren't within cooee of a flag".

Often seems most intersted in optics of the New Age variety.

Probably a ripper bloke, like Richo, but damn lucky to still be in charge after years of mediiocrity.
Last edited by Waltzing St Kilda on Thu 17 Jun 2021 8:51am, edited 2 times in total.

Laurie
Club Player

Zig and Zag should both go .
BOOM BOOM

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The bloke who cuts up the oranges is hiding behind a door

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... 8deabc2cb1

Another accurate article pointing out the systemic recruitment of personnel and player failures...

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Maybe. As noted here, good at general administrative stuff but has not had an impact on playing performances except for last year. For all the social issues advanced there seems to be no improvement in bread and butter stuff like a succession plan and winning seasons.

He and Simon now have the triple black marks of Richo extension, Hill and Hannebery recruitments hanging over their tenures. Certainly have had bad luck with things outside their control, but if you are seen as a non achiever by the Board its just a matter of time.

I think the current management team could reverse our fortunes but they can't afford to drift for the rest of the season contemplating navels or make any more serious blues. If they have lost the football department and playing group there may not be a way back for them. Media vultures are already picking at our flesh.

Can't see anyone in the playing group rallying the troops so its going to be a tough winter for all.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 9:30am Maybe. As noted here, good at general administrative stuff but has not had an impact on playing performances except for last year. For all the social issues advanced there seems to be no improvement in bread and butter stuff like a succession plan and winning seasons.
That's the nub of the issue, I think.

He's so into the social issues you mention that we've taken our eyes off the footy and the Members. FWIW he's very closely into our footy department with Lethlean and Ratten and deeply involved with the players; as much as any CEO. As you would be when you were the ex-CEO of the AFLPA.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

It's just our turn to get a kicking form the media. Mob mentality has emerged yet again. Not much news happening in the AFL world, so they take the Seb Ross situation, our poor form (which is as much to do with loss of personnel than anything else) and decided that the whole club is falling apart. They were saying the same things about Collingwood six weeks ago and the same things about Melbourne last year. The sky is not falling. Yes, we need to fix some things but, I quote that famous quote "Rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated"

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The responses to this thread embody so much that is wrong with the club - the continuing support of mediocrity.

Backing in Trout over the debacle of the 2014 draft, the needless extension of Richo’s contract and the continued flogging of the Saints being a destination club myth...he’s treated the fans like idiots and values AFL compliance over onfield success.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.