Thursdays Saints question time?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thursdays Saints question time?

Effort may we’ll be a factor but surely skill is the bigger issue? Injuries have exposed our depth (or lack thereof) and a combination of poor recruiting and poor player development has led to a highly unskilled team for AFL standards

Doesn’t matter how much effort they put in if they’re simply not good enough

The posts earlier in the week on our distinct lack
Of AAs, our putrid history of poor goal kicking, our field kicking accuracy etc etc are the real root cause of our issues…not effort. Effort is simply a contributing factor

#1 Ryder fan
loris
Saintsational Legend

seano1 wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 7:03pm Hanners in coaches box , look to geary he puts in , some guys on here don’t have much time for him but I generally think he will end up coaching us at some stage . On Instagram I follow a few players and one bloke whose injured is always fishing, hanners rarely posts.
Who was the last #14 who coached the Saints to success?
He wasn’t a very skilful player, but was selfless in his endeavours for the Saints. He was never considered as a leader (except by people within the club) as many thought he was too reserved & not a champion.

Yes that other # 14 was - Allan Jeans.

I’m sure Gears will be snaffled up by other clubs very quickly as an assistant coach, the minute he retires, if the Saints don’t act first.

Josh Battle
Club Player

A few of us have said for quite a while that you can’t take short cuts. The foundations were weak. Too many factions. Too many diverse groups and too many imports brought in too quickly. Even some of the coaches and football operations staff are relatively new.

Team unity and player disenchantment is a real issue in my opinion. It didn’t help that some players might feel that the imports have robbed existing players of senior games and also some much loved former team mates had to be traded or delisted.

It didn’t help with our most experienced player and co-captain injured. It doesn’t help that some of our leaders are introverts. Jack Steele is a relative youngster and very fresh in the role.

How long has Hill, Ryder, Jones, Howard, Butler, Higgins and Crouch been at our club?

Sustained success for us will only come with time I reckon building a team the way we had was fraught with risks. Hopefully 2021 is a great learning experience for our club.

Focus on building a team over the long term and don’t look for easy or quick solutions.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

seano1 wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 7:03pm Hanners in coaches box , look to geary he puts in , some guys on here don’t have much time for him but I generally think he will end up coaching us at some stage . On Instagram I follow a few players and one bloke whose injured is always fishing, hanners rarely posts.
Is Hanners in the coach box or not?
Your post confuses me.

And who is the guy who's always fishing on insta?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The comments below that video, on youtube, aren't very complimentary. :lol: :lol:

I downloaded the Video to my desktop, just in case i want to watch it again, maybe i'll have insomnia one night and this vid might cure me.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?