The Difference

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Difference

Love them or hate them (I know where the poll on here would show) but what Collingwood did today is what proud clubs do. Whereas St Kilda, we continue to St Kilda it.

St Kilda now should be an adjective in its own right.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Difference

Yep we've really St.Kildaed up the season.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

No Melbourne did what Melbourne do.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I asked my girl friend for a St Kilda and she told me to St Kilda off.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Historically, teams tend to perform better than usual more often then not after a coach resigns

The Saints destroyed Geelong out of nowhere once Watson quit

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

So we have 9 of our best 22 missing - Carlisle, Membrey, Ross, Marshall, Paton, Hannebery, Jones, Gresham, Geary (+ Frawley ... so maybe 10)

We also lost Clark mid game for close to 3 quarters

Collingwood had 3 missing today - Grundy, Howe, Adams (+ Greenwood .... so maybe 4)

You can be as proud as you like but bottom line is ....... its pretty hard to win games with half a reserves team playing ..... against any side

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 9:49pm So we have 9 of our best 22 missing - Carlisle, Membrey, Ross, Marshall, Paton, Hannebery, Jones, Gresham, Geary (+ Frawley ... so maybe 10)

Collingwood had 3 missing today - Grundy, Howe, Adams (+ Greenwood .... so maybe 4)

You can be as proud as you like but bottom line is ....... its pretty hard to win games with half a reserves team playing ..... against any side
If you include Hannebery for us, you may as well include Treloar for Collingwood. Both teams are paying for a player who doesn't play for them.

Collingwood beat the top side, a side that has only lost one game by a kick.

St Kilda were 5.6, 11 scoring shots to none against a side below them on the ladder. I rate Collingwood's win highly considering the dramas engulfing their club. That's pride by the their players in their club, their coach and themselves. We St Kilda'd all over ourselves, again!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 9:49pm So we have 9 of our best 22 missing - Carlisle, Membrey, Ross, Marshall, Paton, Hannebery, Jones, Gresham, Geary (+ Frawley ... so maybe 10)

Frawley??
Geezus, the guy should have stayed retired. He's definitely not best 22.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You would have thought the team would have dug in after last weeks game which they also let slip. They just folded.

Horrible outcome considering it took the Crows until the 16 minute mark of the second quarter to even register a score.

Piss weak effort.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Well I was actually amazed we lost by so little considering all our outs and current structural issues .... but hey different viewpoints and all that

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

That didn’t seem to be a problem for the first two and a bit quarters.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BadRossco
Club Player

The real difference between us and Collingwood is they recruit well and cover injuries with young players with a future not dad’s army

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:10pm If you include Hannebery for us, you may as well include Treloar for Collingwood. Both teams are paying for a player who doesn't play for them.
Piea are paying $300k? ..... so a fringe player?
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:10pm Collingwood beat the top side, a side that has only lost one game by a kick.
And the side they lost to by a kick was Adelaide :lol:

How much did we lose by again?

I guess you could argue we are as good as Melbourne with half a reserves side playing :twisted:
Last edited by Devilhead on Tue 15 Jun 2021 12:19am, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 7:01pm Love them or hate them (I know where the poll on here would show) but what Collingwood did today is what proud clubs do. Whereas St Kilda, we continue to St Kilda it.

How?

Collingwood have been way worse than the Saints this year, they won a game after the coach got the sack/left it aint much

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 11:11pm
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:10pm If you include Hannebery for us, you may as well include Treloar for Collingwood. Both teams are paying for a player who doesn't play for them.
Piea are paying $300k? ..... so a fringe player?
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:10pm Collingwood beat the top side, a side that has only lost one game by a kick.
And the side they lost to by a kick was Adelaide :lol:

How much did we lose by again?

I guess you could argue we are as good as Melbourne with half a reserves side playing :twisted:
Of course you can argue that, Collingwood also beat a side that has beaten all the teams that have absolutely flogged us this year. Their loss to Adelaide was an aberration, ours was par for the course.

P.S. I wish Hannebery played as much as a fringe player, sadly we pay him 800K to play as much as Treloar has for Collingwood this year.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 11:38pm
Ghost Like wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 7:01pm Love them or hate them (I know where the poll on here would show) but what Collingwood did today is what proud clubs do. Whereas St Kilda, we continue to St Kilda it.

How?

Collingwood have been way worse than the Saints this year, they won a game after the coach got the sack/left it aint much
Far worse? They are a game behind us without the floggings. If you cannot accept their effort was built on pride and ours wasn't, I can't help you & we are worlds apart in what are acceptable performances.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Injuries yes but we are just not focused enough on winning
We love making excuses

Our core business is winning games and developing footballers, yes it’s a tough world at the moment but I am not sure the club really understands how much of a precarious position they are in

We are in real trouble and our leaders both players and execs don’t accept it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 14 Jun 2021 10:12pm

Frawley??
Geezus, the guy should have stayed retired. He's definitely not best 22.
as has already been mentioned you cant include DH, Carlisle is so important hes been on a 1 year contract for ages, many many people say Geary is past it, most people are very very split on Ross in regards to his disposal, and Im struggling to see where Gresham will fit in with a full side, the richmond additions are deemed better in the forwardline, and who would he push out in the centre. If he was better overhead I would love if he could become a Caleb Daniels clone in the back half.

What was very clear to me in the collingwood game - was their game plan style and good ball retention through accurate foot passing

Seeya