Chalk and Cheese

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1965 Saint
Club Player

Chalk and Cheese

Went to the West Coast v Richmond game last night. West Coast are 8 and 5 on the back of ‘dead eye dick’ shooting for goal by their forwards.
Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Ryan, Cripps and Waterman rarely miss. And they are not shots from the goal square. They nail a lot of difficult shots that would have our useless lot seeking counselling. We would be 8 and 5 too if we had shot for goal in an acceptable manner against Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide. Think about that. We would be having a different conversation about our team - about how we are equal 4th with all the injuries we’ve had/got! Nothing drags down the morale and momentum of a team than busting a gut to get the ball into a scoring position and watching some numpty butcher the shot, particularly when it’s 30 metres out dead in front. To our forwards: if you can’t kick a goal from 30m out 95% of the time get out of the team, make way for someone who can and don’t come back until you can too. Someone having 10 shots and kicking 1:6 and 3 out of bounds is far less value than a teammate who has four shots and nails 4:0. It’s been an issue for years. It should be number one priority to fix. Hard, but consistent, decisions need to be made on the culprits.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chalk and Cheese

I know..depressing

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

All true, also WCE have Hurn, he was magnificent and Nic Nat played out of his skin. They recruit quite well. Judd for picks and Kennedy looks nice deal now, doesn't it.

How we beat them remains a wonder.

Dan? Danny H all good????

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Clearly they crap all over us now but the umpiring FOR West Coast compared to St Kilda is also Chalk and Cheese.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

How can we have a poor record for the last few years with goal kicking accuracy and we seem to just pretend it's not an issue?

It's glaringly obvious that some of our forwards have technique issues

Yes, Dixon was a failure for various reasons but that doesn't mean you abandon the strategy of having a goal kicking coach.

One of the fundamental basics of footy and our pathway to success has been botched.

Is St Kilda run by professionals or are they all a bunch of amateurs?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Before drafting a forward make sure he kicks straight instead of checking out his family, character and his video tapes.
Every behind a forward kicks is actually worth minus one point due the morale sapping it causes players further back.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.