Adam Skrobalak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Adam Skrobalak

Google Adam Skrobalak. Or look him up on the Saints App.
NEVER played elite AFL, just 'a decorated amateur footy career'. 'Amateur' :oops: :roll:

He coached about 4 lower grade teams, and now he's paid the big bucks to be (drum roll)
Senior Assistant Coach- Midfield and Contest.
OMG.
Our midfield n contest is bloody horrible (in the games that we lose)

WHY NOT REPLACE THIS NOBODY with somebody who spent years at a successful club, in the midfield. Matt Priddis from WCE. Sam Mitchell. Anyone who has played mid, and now is an assistant at Swans, Hawks, Tigers, Cats, NOT someone who played really well at AMATEUR LEVEL.

I am not demeaning a Saints official, I am asking a valid question about THE CLUB'S DECISION in the same way a lot of us are asking why the club threw a truckload of money at a worn-out mid.

I seriously question the justification.

Pies grabbed Harves to be their mids coach.
Other clubs get former stars or A-graders who actually played in reasonably successful teams.

If our club was Cricket Australia, we'd get a new batting coach who won an indoor cricket premiership in the Murray-Ovens Indoor Cricket and Lawn Bowls League.

Spare me.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adam Skrobalak

Is a joke like most assistant staff at the Saints...

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Said this at the time of his appointment to full time assistant coach

Got howled down on here!!!

I don’t care what level he played, I’m more interested in his forward line experience or lack there of

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

B.M wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 12:44pm Said this at the time of his appointment to full time assistant coach

I don’t care what level he played, I’m more interested in his forward line experience or lack there of
Was he ruck coach for us at some point?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 11:59am Google Adam Skrobalak. Or look him up on the Saints App.
NEVER played elite AFL, just 'a decorated amateur footy career'. 'Amateur' :oops: :roll:

He coached about 4 lower grade teams, and now he's paid the big bucks to be (drum roll)
Senior Assistant Coach- Midfield and Contest.
OMG.
Our midfield n contest is bloody horrible (in the games that we lose)

WHY NOT REPLACE THIS NOBODY with somebody who spent years at a successful club, in the midfield. Matt Priddis from WCE. Sam Mitchell. Anyone who has played mid, and now is an assistant at Swans, Hawks, Tigers, Cats, NOT someone who played really well at AMATEUR LEVEL.

I am not demeaning a Saints official, I am asking a valid question about THE CLUB'S DECISION in the same way a lot of us are asking why the club threw a truckload of money at a worn-out mid.

I seriously question the justification.

Other clubs get former stars or A-graders who actually played in reasonably successful teams.

If our club was Cricket Australia, we'd get a new batting coach who won an indoor cricket premiership in the Murray-Ovens Indoor Cricket and Lawn Bowls League.

Spare me.
Absolutely batshyte crazy
It’s exactly the same as say....appointing a senior coach whose only claim to fame was coaching Warnambool at a time when you have your greatest lost chance at success....anyhoo another topic...
Skrobolack?? Who the feck is he????
Laughable just amateur hour in supposedly professional sport ....how the hell would he relate to AFL midfield pressure?? ?????

“Yeah….nah””
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Need a total clean out of all assistant coaches and anybody from the Richo era including Lethers except maybe Ratts. There is a stain in the club and it needs a complete overhaul. These performances would not be tolerated by any other original club.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Yes, I blame Richo too

Anyone who played or coached while he was there should be exited!!!

Actually, that includes Ratts too doesn’t it.

older saint
SS Life Member

Last check Fagan didn't play AFL.
Last check Tim Watson was a terrible coach.

It is all about the coaching ability to make people better - if not then bye , if yes then stay. playing history irrelevant except being an easy cop out when things don't work. They don't work because whoever isn't a good enough coach not because they did or did not play AFL and how good they were at it.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 11:59am

Now I’m not sure if this guy is any good or not

But I do know that you are way off the mark with the above comment

Do you know who the Richmond midfield/offence coach is?

Andrew McQualter (yes that one), and he is incredibly well respected there

Xavier Clarke is also doing a great job at Richmond.

There is a long list of no name players who have become great assistant coaches

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

The dud coaches at our club, whether good players(Hamill) or not, have been here long enough to know they are duds.

So Pi$$ them off.

That includes F….ing admin and dud recruiters too.

Where is the quality control and KPIs in the organization?

Pi$$weak on and off the field.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Okay, so we need superstar ex-players to fill our coaching ranks, because that's the obvious prerequisite. Let's see..... we're struggling at the stoppages.....I know.....

Midfield coach.........Ben Cousins

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Hafey and Jeans were just average League footballers. Did they just get lucky as coaches?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:29pm Hafey and Jeans were just average League footballers. Did they just get lucky as coaches?
Lyon too no star but all have played the level I think ideally it helps ...

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:30pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:29pm Hafey and Jeans were just average League footballers. Did they just get lucky as coaches?
In Jeans and Hafeys era, you spent most of the day on the bench. Jeans spent a lot of time training in the car park and getting splinters in his arse. Same with Hafey.
If playing at the level helped their coaching, we shouldn't discount boot-studders, water boys and trainers.
They both took up coaching cause they were s***, at clubs who were struggling in their eras.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:42pm
In Jeans and Hafeys era, you spent most of the day on the bench. Jeans spent a lot of time training in the car park and getting splinters in his arse. Same with Hafey.
If playing at the level helped their coaching, we shouldn't discount boot-studders, water boys and trainers.
They both took up coaching cause they were s***, at clubs who were struggling in their eras.
First I’m never one to compare eras
Phar Lap a good horse ...,would he have beaten Makybie Diva?? Who knows or cares
Football now is a professional sport - no ones doing laps in car parks
I think having an appreciation for a professional environment and the pressure that comes with that might be handy is all - not the sole factor but important nonetheless

“Yeah….nah””
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:46pm
Phar Lap a good horse ...,would he have beaten Makybie Diva?? Who knows or cares
I think having an appreciation for a professional environment and the pressure that comes with that might be handy is all - not the sole factor but important nonetheless
Both are recognised as dogged disciplinarians, great leaders of men and inspirational speakers, despite their deficiencies as players. They set new standards, reset their clubs initiatives and lead successful eras out of the ashes of poor ones. The environment changed because of them.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 4:21pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 3:46pm
Both are recognised as dogged disciplinarians, great leaders of men and inspirational speakers, despite their deficiencies as players. They set new standards, reset their clubs initiatives and lead successful eras out of the ashes of poor ones. The environment changed because of them.
The two best coaches of the current era Clarkson and Hardwick were certainly not stars. But could be described by the last statement above

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
B.M
Saintsational Legend

The ‘best two coaches of the modern era’

Just happened to have the two best teams

Coincidentally

Atm
Richmond are 8th because of a few injuries

Hawthorn are 17th

A coach without stars is like a mule without a spinning wheel!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Actually, it wasn’t long ago we were rubbishing Kingsley on here

He has been lauded at Richmond as the next senior coach in waiting

BTW
Richo seems to be doing ok in his role at Melbourne too

supersaints2
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 12:58pm
B.M wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 12:44pm Said this at the time of his appointment to full time assistant coach

Was he ruck coach for us at some point?
Yes he was employed as a ruck coach.. was apparently highly rated in that area... Not sure if that translates to his present tenure
I’d prefer to see Paddy Ryder take a coaching post as ruck coach when he can’t go on .

Agree we need an assistant coach change some fresh ideas. I say bring back Harves

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
ace
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 1:52pm https://amp.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 78997a7b80

Is this the same bloke?
Maybe if a few players lives were threatened they would play a bit better.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Here's a job interview practical - make Hunter useful for say three quarters, get Butler to kick over a jam jar, get Longy to make three good decisions in a row.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh....the sum of all parts. Here we are once again having a poor season after so much promise shown in a previous season, injury to a nucleas of your best 22 doesn't help and also a lack of depth on the list is conspiring.

The wheels have almost fallen off our wagon of hope and expectation and the only thing keeping them on presently is a small worn and splintered cotter pin called luck.

May we limp into a town soon where repairs to our wagon are possible.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 13 Jun 2021 1:52pm https://amp.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 78997a7b80

Is this the same bloke?
I don't know but I know Ian. 8-)