Dougal Howard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dougal Howard

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 5:39pm In Joffa's case, 3 strikes over a 17 year period (though I'm not sure when his first one was) is different to 3 in a short amount of time as some posters have had.

Maybe strikes could be disregarded after a couple of years of good behaviour (retrospectively in this case)?
That makes sense as I think JB just copped his suspensions without slithering back in under different user names.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 5:39pm In Joffa's case, 3 strikes over a 17 year period (though I'm not sure when his first one was) is different to 3 in a short amount of time as some posters have had.

Maybe strikes could be disregarded after a couple of years of good behaviour (retrospectively in this case)?
My goodness you people like to stretch the truth.

1) not over 17 years
2) all three were recent
3) there is no time limitations - 3 serious strikes and you are out.

17 years pffft.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 5:11pm It’s not hard.

There are rules.

Minor infractions are ignored.

There is a light punishment for breaking rules - a one day ban.

For major infractions there is a one week ban - usually with a PM or posted warning before it gets to a ban but in severe cases it is traght to the one week ban.

3 x one week bans =
Goodbye.
Now forever.
I gave people 2nd or 3rd chances.
Mostly they reoffend and get banned again.

Reasons for one week bans are listed in the Admin Forum.

As for Joffa - who was personally a favourite of mine.

Joffa Burns (3/3) - permanent ban
- commentary on a poster (severe category) - removed on appeal
- commenting negatively on a poster and perpetuating an ongoing dispute
- abusing and negatively commenting on another poster
- abusing and negatively commenting on another poster

As for being “protected” 1 nobody (except me) is protected.

If you break the rules then the penalties above apply.

However I always look at who is the first to break the rules in a dispute. That’s fair.
I love the “I always arbitrarily look at who starts it...” like it’s date stamped somewhere...lol
People don’t come on here to bag out posters cause it’s “fun on an Internet forum to do so” without any form of provocation
Your ability to hide behind “you started it” is just that...an excuse....to exercise so type of power you clearly enjoy. Good luck with that.
Will say again - posters like Joffa added to the site (I think he had a regular difference with certain posters but again he wasn’t alone in that) but let’s not address the whole issue let’s just ban him on some weird notion “he started it first”

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 4:03am
Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:11am “Closed shops” aren’t always the best approach if you value diversity in opinions I’ve found
Do you value diversity in opinions or do you lose patience when people aren’t agreeing with you?

I’ve often found that people who resort to name calling are more interested in trying to ‘close’ down a discussion.

You started with the name calling and you have form when someone has an alternate point of view.

How ‘bout respecting B.M’s right to have a different opinion to yours without getting personal?
Look I’ll be honest I normally skip over your posts and this latest one is just more reason why
That aside I’ll desist from responding with the contempt it deserves in fear of being “the first to start it” but will say I’m sure somewhere on here..your blatant cheerleading is well appreciated :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 10:08am
Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:11am
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 12:07am
Teflon wrote: Wed 16 Jun 2021 10:51pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 16 Jun 2021 9:46pm
B.M wrote: Wed 16 Jun 2021 9:33pm Hmm…

I just called out your behaviour (name calling) and suggested it was as weak as piss. Childish and pathetic.

Maybe that’s a little too forward, and I should have phrased it better, but I was sick of the little jibes and personal comments

Not necessary IMO

Just debate the topic… no need for Harves (what ever that means?) God (?) Teach (??)

It is better to respond to people with respect.

Apologies if you took my comments as calling you weak as piss
I was referring to keyboard warrior type behaviour
With all due respect BM, don’t play the self righteous victim now.
You do more than your share of having unprovoked cracks at people or just being plain provocative

Heck an improvement thread doesn’t go by without you having a generalised crack at everyone who criticised Richo’s coaching even though it’s completely off topic.

Teffer’s has gotten a whack here but you give just as much as you get if not more so.

If you want to just talk footy then just talk footy... you don’t get to repeatedly and when unprovoked have cracks at ppl and call foul when you get it back
It’s a good call Skeptic and I will say by the PMs I’ve gotten you’re not alone in that view...
Anyhoo let’s leave it there - I’m not one for running to mods, never have been, but geez it’d be nice to have some consistency in approach on that front.
Teflon - don't re-write history. I look at who starts a dispute and who escalates it. Any reaction thereafter IS taken into account. Yes B.M. called you names but AFTER you started a dispute AND escalated it. Moderation is without any prejudice. I read the threads and moerate according to what is written. And more and more people may be over at BigFooty because they are NOT allowed back on here. It is a closed shop. No re-entry for those that have been banned. Gone are the days you could just start a new nic and use a floating I.P.
Ofcourse you do BF buy great to see you recognise both posters had a role to play here and you dish out unilateral bans to one.
I think it’s actually a shame so many are over at BF - I’ve been here since day dot and actually enjoyed the variety of opinion. “Closed shops” aren’t always the best approach if you value diversity in opinions I’ve found
Anyway, in the great words of Neale Daniher..”play on”.
You're allowed to have your opinions on here, as long as they stick inside a very small window.

It's not just about being a Saints supporter, it's about being a Saints supporter that supports them in a very specific way that is approved by a handful of people, otherwise you're out.

Yes I agree 'consistency' would be nice, it is clear there are 'protected species' around here, and it ends with losing quality contributors like Joffa.
Super post - well said.

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I just called out your behaviour (name calling) and suggested it was as weak as piss. Childish and pathetic.

Maybe that’s a little too forward, and I should have phrased it better, but I was sick of the little jibes and personal comments

Not necessary IMO

Just debate the topic… no need for Harves (what ever that means?) God (?) Teach (??)

You do more than your share of having unprovoked cracks at people or just being plain provocative

Heck an improvement thread doesn’t go by without you having a generalised crack at everyone who criticised Richo’s coaching even though it’s completely off topic.

Teffer’s has gotten a whack here but you give just as much as you get if not more so.

If you want to just talk footy then just talk footy... you don’t get to repeatedly and when unprovoked have cracks at ppl and call foul when you get it back
It’s a good call Skeptic and I will say by the PMs I’ve gotten you’re not alone in that view...
Anyhoo let’s leave it there - I’m not one for running to mods, never have been, but geez it’d be nice to have some consistency in approach on that front.
Teflon - don't re-write history. I look at who starts a dispute and who escalates it. Any reaction thereafter IS taken into account. Yes B.M. called you names but AFTER you started a dispute AND escalated it. Moderation is without any prejudice. I read the threads and moerate according to what is written. And more and more people may be over at BigFooty because they are NOT allowed back on here. It is a closed shop. No re-entry for those that have been banned. Gone are the days you could just start a new nic and use a floating I.P.
No you don’t
You have always played favourites and protected trolls for way too long
And you continue to support veiled baiting because again you play favourites
Real shame what’s happened to this place

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 12:04am

Not necessary IMO

No you don’t
You have always played favourites and protected trolls for way too long
And you continue to support veiled baiting because again you play favourites
Real shame what’s happened to this place
You’ve just described better than I what drives that provocation - it is veiled baiting
It’s posting glib one liners time again after posters put forward their view in the hope of getting some sort of “one upmanship” that I absolutely detest yet it’s ignored and when some respond (cause they’ve had enough) we ban them.
It’s fixing symptoms and leaving the cause to fester.
Anyway, I’ll leave my views at that. I have been on this site a long time - right back to the days of GT chat (probably too long!) on the first saintsational and while I know being a mod is a thankless and difficult job, you do like to think that they still possess the ability to listen objectively.

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 10:55pm

My goodness you people like to stretch the truth.

1) not over 17 years
2) all three were recent
3) there is no time limitations - 3 serious strikes and you are out.

17 years pffft.
I clearly said I wasn’t sure how long a period the strikes were over, but that he’s been here a long time.

It was just a suggestion.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 11:43pm
Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:11am “Closed shops” aren’t always the best approach if you value diversity in opinions I’ve found
Do you value diversity in opinions or do you lose patience when people aren’t agreeing with you?

I’ve often found that people who resort to name calling are more interested in trying to ‘close’ down a discussion.

You started with the name calling and you have form when someone has an alternate point of view.

How ‘bout respecting B.M’s right to have a different opinion to yours without getting personal?
Look I’ll be honest I normally skip over your posts and this latest one is just more reason why
That aside I’ll desist from responding with the contempt it deserves in fear of being “the first to start it” but will say I’m sure somewhere on here..your blatant cheerleading is well appreciated :wink:
You’ve got an inferiority complex haven’t you? I think that’s your real issue with B.M and with others

You’re also very competitive so ‘I’ll be honest’…I think it’s you who really wants to be god

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 10:40am
Teflon wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 11:43pm

You’ve got an inferiority complex haven’t you? I think that’s your real issue with B.M and with others

You’re also very competitive so ‘I’ll be honest’…I think it’s you who really wants to be god
Does this constitute you officially “starting it” would love some guidance here....
Anyway, bait away you’re clearly protected ...I’d respond in kind but you might run to mods ..
But carry on its entertaining listening to part time SS psychology at its best

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Look Teflon, you’re acting as if you’ve done nothing wrong and are the victim here.

Fact is, you did bait through constant name calling and ridicule which wasn’t topic related

Just take responsibility and leave it there.

We can easily move on, it’s not hard.

Screaming blue murder over it, just comes across as desperate. Thing is, you’ve obviously got a clip for some reason, maybe reflect on why?!

And it’s not a conspiracy
Me and Simon have had plenty of stoushes, I’m definitely not protected and have fallen foul a few times - generally because I did the wrong thing.

Don’t act as if you weren’t baiting, when you know deep down, that was your objective

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Geez.
Will u two take this juvenile bickering over to the animal enclosure.

You both seriously need to get a life

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Not all posts are read and moderated.

That would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Only reported posts are guaranteed to be moderated.

Occasionally I stumble upon a breach of rules in my own limited reading time.

I would say 90-95% of moderated posts were because they were reported.

As for this concept of “veiled baiting” is that code for someone having a strong opinion on a football matter? Perhaps an opinion you disagree with? Sorry - that isn’t baiting - that is a genuine opinion and welcomed. You are welcome to debate the opinion given but not attack the poster.

As for me having favourites / protected species etc - it is laughable. I have no problem in saying I know very few of you personally - LESS than 5 I could even tell you their full name and now I think of it around 5 that I would even know their first name. I have been on here for 22 years and always supported This place financially when required. I have other more important things in my business and personal life that far outweigh caring about this place enough to have favourites. I judge purely on what is written. Perhaps I haven’t seen every interaction but when you read the thread around a reported post you can spot the protagonist as opposed to those reacting. I judge from there.

In conclusion, it really isn’t hard to stay within the rules.

Perhaps learn and keep the rules.

And if you do, then you will not hear from me.

I would love NOT to be interacting at all.

As for past trolls - since floating I.P.’s and masking it has been hard to keep them out when they re-registered and I was always hopeful that on their return they would change their ways … but was mostly let down. Anyway that’s why I am not allowing anyone new in anymore - because they are not new, they are just the troublemaker / rule breakers wanting back in.

Very happy for them to go to BigFooty or Facebook etc.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:36pm Look Teflon, you’re acting as if you’ve done nothing wrong and are the victim here.

Fact is, you did bait through constant name calling and ridicule which wasn’t topic related

Screaming blue murder over it, just comes across as desperate. Thing is, you’ve obviously got a clip for some reason, maybe reflect on why?!

Me and Simon have had plenty of stoushes, I’m definitely not protected and have fallen foul a few times - generally because I did the wrong thing.

Don’t act as if you weren’t baiting, when you know deep down, that was your objective
Still at it?
Morally righteous, offering the lectures all the time but always oh so wrong?
I could care less about yours and Simons relationships- good for you.
Honestly what were you hoping to achieve by this post?? We’re you looking for fan forum support ? Or thinking you’d help me see the light?? (aka have to agree with you)....while looking completely blameless along the way?
It’s just utter grandstanding, you do it all the time (always have that’s why other posters past and present have had issues with you)
You don’t like being called on it fair enough and when things get hot you run sulking to mods ...
That’s all good , that’s your style I get it now
So it’s really simple from here:
Don’t quote or respond to me - honestly I have zero interest in your after the fact footy views and would rather spend my time reading genuine posts that offer insights that’s why I come here
Not posts that purely comment on other posters opinions and offer little IMO
I’m sure you feel the same for me so let’s save the forum your constant “look at me” and move on shall we??

“Yeah….nah””
loris
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:12am PLEASE UNDERSTAND

As for this concept of “veiled baiting” is that code for someone having a strong opinion on a football matter? Perhaps an opinion you disagree with? Sorry - that isn’t baiting - that is a genuine opinion and welcomed. You are welcome to debate the opinion given but not attack the poster.

As for me having favourites / protected species etc - it is laughable. I have no problem in saying I know very few of you personally - LESS than 5 I could even tell you their full name and now I think of it around 5 that I would even know their first name. I have been on here for 22 years and always supported This place financially when required. I have other more important things in my business and personal life that far outweigh caring about this place enough to have favourites. I judge purely on what is written. Perhaps I haven’t seen every interaction but when you read the thread around a reported post you can spot the protagonist as opposed to those reacting. I judge from there.

As for past trolls - since floating I.P.’s and masking it has been hard to keep them out when they re-registered and I was always hopeful that on their return they would change their ways … but was mostly let down. Anyway that’s why I am not allowing anyone new in anymore - because they are not new, they are just the troublemaker / rule breakers wanting back in.

Good for you BfUSA. 👍

Can I be a favourite ‘protected species’? 😇 :wink: :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:12am PLEASE UNDERSTAND

I appreciate you put in your hard earned and time and it’s often a thankless task but the fact you don’t know what is meant by ‘veiled baiting’ and haven’t seen it (while multiple posters have) tells me all I need to know.
Anyway it’s clearly your world here and good luck to you - I do find it strange it’s in some sort of weird “new poster lockout” Footy forums are about genuine diversity of opinion so I’d have thought encouraging different views is the way to go but again it’s your show so carry on.

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I still don’t think JB fits any definition of a troll

Site will be / is much worse off for having lost him

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 12:41am
B.M wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:36pm Look Teflon, you’re acting as if you’ve done nothing wrong and are the victim here.

Still at it?
Morally righteous, offering the lectures all the time but always oh so wrong?
I could care less about yours and Simons relationships- good for you.
Honestly what were you hoping to achieve by this post?? We’re you looking for fan forum support ? Or thinking you’d help me see the light?? (aka have to agree with you)....while looking completely blameless along the way?
It’s just utter grandstanding, you do it all the time (always have that’s why other posters past and present have had issues with you)
You don’t like being called on it fair enough and when things get hot you run sulking to mods ...
That’s all good , that’s your style I get it now
So it’s really simple from here:
Don’t quote or respond to me - honestly I have zero interest in your after the fact footy views and would rather spend my time reading genuine posts that offer insights that’s why I come here
Not posts that purely comment on other posters opinions and offer little IMO
I’m sure you feel the same for me so let’s save the forum your constant “look at me” and move on shall we??
Let me help you
Veiled baiting is two posts above yours in this thread
Discussion was over, you did what you did but one of the antagonists kept going looking for a response.
It was over and now it’s not, quite simple.

Understand you can’t read every post, but you just confirmed that you okay favourites because you read the posts by your pre determined people you expect to break rules and Prato there we are.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

I suggest that if you (or anyone else) have no desire to interact with a poster or disagree with them or are upset by their opinion that you simply FOE them so you don’t see their posts. Pretty simple.

And Maverick the posts you quoted I hadn’t read.

I do not read every post! I think I have mentioned that previously about 100 times. If you feel that a post needs moderation then report it. It is really easy to use that function.

Those posts were not reported to be assessed by me.

And even if they were they fit under the guideline as a MINOR bait at best and the forum deals with it by allowing a FOE function. I think I have already explained the moderation grading - for minor infractions it would be either no action / a PM / or a comment in the thread to ease off and at worst a 1 day ban.

If you cannot figure out how to use the FOE function, then feel free to PM me and I shall send you a step by step guide.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn’t have to foe, but I understand it is there.
I like ready others opinions even if I don’t like the opinions.

I read a lot, comment more rarely these days, and the only real reason I comment now is if we keep losing people that create the debate there is no point coming here.

If you the nip in the bud the minor baiting the major baiting won’t happen.

Anyway, I will move on now.
Appreciate you reading my posts.
Thanks.

66Iwasthere
Club Player

What has all this got to do with Douglas Howard??

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

66Iwasthere wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 11:51am What has all this got to do with Douglas Howard??
I think it began when Doogie baited his forward to kick a goal by standing too far from the trap. Alas the forward took the bait & Doogie was left red faced.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Maybe because I criticised Dougal, and a few people didn’t like it?

I think he a good player, but sags off too much looking for easy kick. Something you can’t always do at FB and especially at a stoppage 20m out from goal, and it bit him hard because the ball ended up with his opponent.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 11:45am Shouldn’t have to foe, but I understand it is there.
I like ready others opinions even if I don’t like the opinions.

I read a lot, comment more rarely these days, and the only real reason I comment now is if we keep losing people that create the debate there is no point coming here.

If you the nip in the bud the minor baiting the major baiting won’t happen.

Anyway, I will move on now.
Appreciate you reading my posts.
Thanks.
Well put

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

A quick visit to Dan Murphy's and let your livers sort this out....children