Is Billings gone?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Billings gone?

The_Dud wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:19pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 18 Jun 2021 5:26pm Damian Barrett reporting Nth Melbourne are very confident they will pick up Josh Kelly as a FA at seasons end. I doubt Billings goes there if that is correct.
I wouldn’t mind having Josh Kelly, surely we have a spare $800k+ to throw his way??
Not at his asking contract of 8m over 7 years - I very much doubt we could fit him into our cap. Kelly isn't worth those dollars and it would create inequitable player payment issues. We already have two highly paid liabilities at the club. Kelly is a good player but not a match winner!

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Isn’t he in the leadership group?

Why would the relationship be broken… thought Ratts was a great relationship builder?!

His form, whilst average recently (probably playing a bit sore) was excellent in the fist 10 games.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

devil saint wrote: Mon 21 Jun 2021 8:39pm Not sure what to make of this and David King is certainly not a fan of the Saints in broad terms, but he made a curious comment on First Crack last night: that the relationship between Billings and the Saints is "broken" and we should let him go for what we can get.
If this is the case, I can't see us landing Kelly.
I do not rate David King, nor do I trust him. Seems like a person with a ridiculously high opinion of himself as well as someone with an agenda. Seems easy to point to a monitor and tell us why a play has happened after the event, nearly as easy as reading ridiculous stats ad nausea to back a claim given after the fact.

Would be interesting to know how or why and what part(s) of it is/are "broken". I suspect he would not elaborate on those key aspects of his claim.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Apparently playing injured & probably is but his body language IMO doesn't look like he really wants to be there but he's not the only one

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 1:06pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 17 Jun 2021 11:59am Let him go, for whatever we get.
If he ain't part of the solution, then he's part of the problem
Teflon and I have had different opinions on the worth of JB and his value but even he'd agree this statement is silly. In fact it smacks of all that has been wrong with our trading and recruiting over the past *decade*.

Did Essendon let Carlisle go for whatever they could get?

Did Sydney let Hannebery go for whatever they could get?

Did Freo let Hill go for whatever they could get?

Unfortunately there's only one club like St Kilda and we don't get to deal with them.
I think the club still jumps at it’s own shadow since the Ball debacle.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 21 Jun 2021 10:28pm
devil saint wrote: Mon 21 Jun 2021 8:39pm Not sure what to make of this and David King is certainly not a fan of the Saints in broad terms, but he made a curious comment on First Crack last night: that the relationship between Billings and the Saints is "broken" and we should let him go for what we can get.
If this is the case, I can't see us landing Kelly.
I do not rate David King, nor do I trust him. Seems like a person with a ridiculously high opinion of himself as well as someone with an agenda. Seems easy to point to a monitor and tell us why a play has happened after the event, nearly as easy as reading ridiculous stats ad nausea to back a claim given after the fact.

Would be interesting to know how or why and what part(s) of it is/are "broken". I suspect he would not elaborate on those key aspects of his claim.
Yeah agree wouldn’t be touting David King as my source
Let’s hope IF it’s broken his broken old club Nth ride in with a squillion dollar deal Jack can’t refuse ...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

From Mikka BF

Billings to Sydney years end you heard it here first.
Was told this last night by someone close to the action. Club trying to work on a way to get band 1 comp for him. They’re willing to work with us. With Buddy, Kennedy near the end and they’re keen on Billing’s with his age bracket for the kids. They have a huge cap space once Buddy retires. Parker off contract years end that gives them flexibility with front and back ended terms on both.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’d offer them Dan as well.

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sydney certainly owe us one!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

From Stewart66 BF......seems to get/have reasonable inside info......

Let’s get this out there ….sick of people saying he’s not being offered big dollars .he is.
Connors ( Billings Mgr ) has met with StKilda ..2 clubs have offered over $200 thousand
what StKilda have offered……restricted free agent .why he hasn’t signed fielding offers.
Little doubt Billings has played injured , majority of the year .
Hardly trains, most of the sessions only very very light , little or no participation in match simulation.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Swans want Billings to help out Swans with the kids.

Good luck with that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

IF he’s being offered 200k above what we are prepared to pay....at minimum you’d have to think he’s already on 550-600? That’s gonna take home near the 750-800k range....in reduced salary Covid times you’d have to think Band 1 comp is also reduced in kind....we must be a chance...

“Yeah….nah””
Banger9798
SS Life Member

If its band 1 , we have to start throwing more games like we nearly did tonight....

No point finishing 9th

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 05 Jul 2021 12:23am If its band 1 , we have to start throwing more games like we nearly did tonight....

No point finishing 9th
It’s the biggie isn’t it?
Truth is scraping home to beat cellar dweller pies gives us little really
I’d love 2 round 1 picks this year abs top 5-6 in a strong mid draft could get us a gun....
We could really-load next year , softer draw , hopefully better injury run plus have some gun mids in the bank to then start Bing planning end 22....
I think we are seeing some shifts in the list ..
Dunstan has reinvented himself and all of a sudden Ross looks odd one out
Byrnes has been superb a real mid find
Leo looks handy
Highmore very capable - if we can find 1 more bigger defender I think our backline looks starts to look ominous
Imagine this side with some A grade younger mids coming through ...,Bing Ming up forward and another key defender??? I think our depth issues start to disappear ..,

“Yeah….nah””
The Recruit
Club Player

If the club wants three picks in the top 20, they must be confident of landing Ben this year.

ace
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Mon 21 Jun 2021 10:46pm Apparently playing injured & probably is but his body language IMO doesn't look like he really wants to be there but he's not the only one
Foot problem = foot planted in face.
Latin name = plantar fasciitis

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 05 Jul 2021 12:54am
Banger9798 wrote: Mon 05 Jul 2021 12:23am If its band 1 , we have to start throwing more games like we nearly did tonight....

No point finishing 9th
It’s the biggie isn’t it?
Truth is scraping home to beat cellar dweller pies gives us little really
I’d love 2 round 1 picks this year abs top 5-6 in a strong mid draft could get us a gun....
We could really-load next year , softer draw , hopefully better injury run plus have some gun mids in the bank to then start Bing planning end 22....
I think we are seeing some shifts in the list ..
Dunstan has reinvented himself and all of a sudden Ross looks odd one out
Byrnes has been superb a real mid find
Leo looks handy
Highmore very capable - if we can find 1 more bigger defender I think our backline looks starts to look ominous
Imagine this side with some A grade younger mids coming through ...,Bing Ming up forward and another key defender??? I think our depth issues start to disappear ..,
Looks like we are getting games into our backup players.
If you aren't getting a game now don't expect a contract for next year.
Alabakis, Joyce, Clavarino, Hunter
Lonie will have to take what is put on the table again as he got no takers in last trade period.
Kent will want a few games before season end.
Carlisle is finished.
Hannebery to be negotiated into retirement.
Roberton already gone.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.