Hannebury injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Faulky63
Club Player

Re: Hannebury injury

Can we get Mr Fox back and organise $0.07 in the dollar to pay him out, would help with our salary cap to look after what we have and then focus on youth.

older saint
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 8:35pm If St Kilda FC were a Govt agency they would be under investigation for fraudulent misuse of public monies re the Hannebrey deal.

It's absolutely disgraceful I dont know how Lethlean and whoever else was involved in his deal can legitimately hold onto their positions at the club?
Not if it was the Vic government a crreping assumption to recruit him not sure who made the decision it just sort of happened.

Laurie
Club Player

I agree with wellarsaint just holding off to trigger his payment clause fools are those at the club who do not ask him to retire .
Maybe Mr Lethlean should have a word
in his fathers ear seeing they are good mates and thats what got him their.
As i said in a previous post he will play 3 games max this year and we will hear the SPIN from the club once again that he will get his body right over the break for 2022.

BOOM BOOM THATS GREAT NEWS
SORRY BUT HAVE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Why don't we stick him in the coaches box and see if he can contribute there. At least try and get some value for the money we are spending on him.
Who knows, maybe we find a new coach for when Ratts decides he's had enough.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I don't blame him at all for hanging on.
Maybe he genuinely thinks he can get back to regularly playing.
Maybe he can't face his mortality as a player and doesn't know who the hell he is without playing footy.
Whatever his reason for hanging on if somebody said to me, " here's a contract for $500k - $800k p.a for four years when I'm heading towards the end of my career, whatever that career is, I'd be taking it and enforcing the contract to my advantage.
The fault is not his - it's the fools who either didn't do their due diligence or did it and then ignored it and recruited him anyway on a four year deal at his age with his history.
The same idiots who extended Richo and have recruited a plethora of other past it top up players.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 4:16pm Why don't we stick him in the coaches box and see if he can contribute there. At least try and get some value for the money we are spending on him.
Who knows, maybe we find a new coach for when Ratts decides he's had enough.
I think the fact we've not seen him in there, unlike Robbo, shows he has not interest, desire or acumen to chase that path. He's a bust in so many ways.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Think about the stakeholders starting with his manager, his accountant, the people at the bank, the lawyer, potential future sponsors, media interests and the cadre of hangers on and the inertia that makes. They all would share a stake in the hannebery circus continuing on. The club, fitness staff, those that appointed him also want him to "come good". That's much better than the alternative _ that they admit defeat and throw in the towel. So many interlocking factors that create a powerful incentive or buffer for the reality that he is as good as finished as a n elite performer at AFL.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 4:49pm I don't blame him at all for hanging on.
Maybe he can't face his mortality as a player and doesn't know who the hell he is without playing footy.
Whatever his reason for hanging on if somebody said to me, " here's a contract for $500k - $800k p.a for four years when I'm heading towards the end of my career, whatever that career is, I'd be taking it and enforcing the contract to my advantage.
The fault is not his - it's the fools who either didn't do their due diligence or did it and then ignored it and recruited him anyway on a four year deal at his age with his history.
The same idiots who extended Richo and have recruited a plethora of other past it top up players.
Very true about "the fools", however his contract should stipulate expectations as simple as playing & clauses regarding incidents outside of the club so in terms of him honouring the contract we'd have to be near a mutual agreement, surely???

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:12pm Think about the stakeholders starting with his manager, his accountant, the people at the bank, the lawyer, potential future sponsors, media interests and the cadre of hangers on and the inertia that makes. They all would share a stake in the hannebery circus continuing on. The club, fitness staff, those that appointed him also want him to "come good". That's much better than the alternative _ that they admit defeat and throw in the towel. So many interlocking factors that create a powerful incentive or buffer for the reality that he is as good as finished as a n elite performer at AFL.
I'm sorry SG but future sponsors would be distancing themselves from him & the club. Media interests are only salivating over the negative image for him and the Club.

All the others are self interest, always back that horse!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:14pm
Very true about "the fools", however his contract should stipulate expectations as simple as playing & clauses regarding incidents outside of the club so in terms of him honouring the contract we'd have to be near a mutual agreement, surely???
Totally agree. A player with his history and age who can't get on the park in the 3rd year of a four year deal should absolutely have a termination clause in there. No way he should be on our list next year. 5 games out of a possible 53. If he doesn't get back on the park this year and we've paid him $2mil plus that's $400,000 a game.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:17pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:12pm Think about the stakeholders starting with his manager, his accountant, the people at the bank, the lawyer, potential future sponsors, media interests and the cadre of hangers on and the inertia that makes. They all would share a stake in the hannebery circus continuing on. The club, fitness staff, those that appointed him also want him to "come good". That's much better than the alternative _ that they admit defeat and throw in the towel. So many interlocking factors that create a powerful incentive or buffer for the reality that he is as good as finished as a n elite performer at AFL.
I'm sorry SG but future sponsors would be distancing themselves from him & the club. Media interests are only salivating over the negative image for him and the Club.

All the others are self interest, always back that horse!
Damn
So you don’t see Dan and Nutigrain commercial in the works?
I guess he could do Superannuation or WorkCare ads.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Further to my theory,
I truly believe he is saving himself to preserve his income.
Why risk injury in a game if it means a premature end to the income?

He managed to conveniently get on the park for the final against the Bulldogs. Perfect timing.
Teasing club, supporters, sponsors, with his potential on show.
Then he wins the 3km time trial in the off-season, sending a great positive message to the world, that he's ready for a big year.

The guy is a cunning, clever con-man. (IMHO)
Agree that he's avoided the coaches box due to lack of interest.
Geary, Robbo, etc have all been in there.
Hannas is just a mercenary.
Tony74, you say you're close to the squad.
Are you dismayed with this financial albatross, or are you in denial too?
Last edited by WellardSaint on Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing

A gamble that hasn’t paid off

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:52pm
Totally agree. A player with his history and age who can't get on the park in the 3rd year of a four year deal should absolutely have a termination clause in there. No way he should be on our list next year. 5 games out of a possible 53. If he doesn't get back on the park this year and we've paid him $2mil plus that's $400,000 a game.
I've read that Hannerbery has played 13 games for the Saints, 5 in 2019 and 8 in 2020.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... ebery.html

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintkid
Club Player

B.M wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:01pm Disappointing

It was a fool's gamble and one our club could ill afford. Those responsible should not be running a football club. A ridiculously lucrative and long, stupid contract on a mature age player with plenty of red flags.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintkid wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 9:04pm
B.M wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:01pm Disappointing

It was a fool's gamble and one our club could ill afford. Those responsible should not be running a football club. A ridiculously lucrative and long, stupid contract on a mature age player with plenty of red flags.
This sort of debacle belongs in the script of Home and Away or something.

A battle-weary former star player goes to a bottom club, on huge coin, to help them turn around their fortunes, only to keep getting injured. The stuff of soap operas. In the TV version, there'd be underlying issues, like he moved interstate to get away from a scandal, make a new start.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle, also started to conveniently appear on the team sheet when his contract trigger clause was close to the threshold, didn't he? Was it the back end of 2019 when his back was bung? He played, with limited mobility (and slippery hands at times), but my suspicious mind - and I am/was a Carlisle cheerleader - started thinking his manager and the team did a 'deal'.

Honestly, I could be imagining it, but it seemed to me, if Carlisle didn't get on the park, he'd have been in choppy waters come seasons end contract wise.

I am more and more suspicious that players and managers are like little co-operations now and they wheel and deal with the club, which has become Byzantine spider webs of individuals, personal targets, protocols, sketchy parameters, 'departments' and the like, where synergy is just a word.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:13pm
I've read that Hannerbery has played 13 games for the Saints, 5 in 2019 and 8 in 2020.

Thanks for the clarification Wayne

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 11:06pm
Wayne42 wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:13pm

Thanks for the clarification Wayne
No worries.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Mr. Lethlean should be footing the bill for Hannebery’s holiday at Moorabbin. Whilst we’re at it, get Simple Simon to clear his desk and sod off!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully Dan only has 1 more year then he's gonski.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/ ... c5a43a8693

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

“We believe Dan has the capacity to be an extremely influential player for us at the Saints,” Lethlean said before the trade period in 2018.

“We will be really thorough in our due diligence and make sure the appropriate medical screenings are completed.”

Thorough... lol

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 23 Jun 2021 2:40pm “We believe Dan has the capacity to be an extremely influential player for us at the Saints,” Lethlean said before the trade period in 2018.

“We will be really thorough in our due diligence and make sure the appropriate medical screenings are completed.”

Thorough... lol
The most soul crushing part of the whole online forum

Either they’re
A) outright lying and treating the supporters with contempt
B) morons

I guess A is preferable

If they just said… obviously it’s not worked out the way we thought, the pens put to paper and all parties have to see it through… hopefully Dan can comeback late and we can salvage something from this whole mess…
At least that’s something. I could respect the fact that these guys realise how idiotic the deal and that they’ll be more careful in the future

But don’t give me BS and call it ice cream

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 23 Jun 2021 4:16pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 23 Jun 2021 2:40pm “We believe Dan has the capacity to be an extremely influential player for us at the Saints,” Lethlean said before the trade period in 2018.

Thorough... lol

Either they’re
B) morons

I guess A is preferable

If they just said… obviously it’s not worked out the way we thought, the pens put to paper and all parties have to see it through… hopefully Dan can comeback late and we can salvage something from this whole mess…
At least that’s something. I could respect the fact that these guys realise how idiotic the deal and that they’ll be more careful in the future

They can’t say anything honest unfortunately.
It’s all ‘optics’
Not their fault.

I admire the leadership these past two weeks..

They emerged last week on the side of honesty, (in admitting the dissonance about Seb Ross) , and what did they get for it?

Outer sh#t pile of bile parked all over them .
Cries for their departure.,.

And Damian Barret smugly reminding us all why he is a media ‘professional’ by closing his video message on AFL.com today by reminding us how poorly St Kilda managed their situation and not 100% supporting Ross when all he was doing was “putting family before football”.

I want to take a vile dump on Damians latest ‘muscle’ car, but respect to him because he is smart enough to ignore the grey and always, ‘put slogan before reality’.

Saints can’t admit to anything other than something like, “Hannas is putting his best foot forward and we have all gathered as a team to put our arms around him” in support.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 23 Jun 2021 4:41pm
skeptic wrote: Wed 23 Jun 2021 4:16pm

Thorough... lol

Either they’re
B) morons

I guess A is preferable

They can’t say anything honest unfortunately.
It’s all ‘optics’
Not their fault.

I admire the leadership these past two weeks..

They emerged last week on the side of honesty, (in admitting the dissonance about Seb Ross) , and what did they get for it?

Outer sh#t pile of bile parked all over them .
Cries for their departure.,.

And Damian Barret smugly reminding us all why he is a media ‘professional’ by closing his video message on AFL.com today by reminding us how poorly St Kilda managed their situation and not 100% supporting Ross when all he was doing was “putting family before football”.

I want to take a vile dump on Damians latest ‘muscle’ car, but respect to him because he is smart enough to ignore the grey and always, ‘put slogan before reality’.

Saints can’t admit to anything other than something like, “Hannas is putting his best foot forward and we have all gathered as a team to put our arms around him” in support.
I get what you’re saying but the optics to me look way worse this way.

If I was going to withhold my membership it’s because management are morons that not only do moronic things but are too dumb to know how moronic they’ve been, hence being highly likely to do things that are more moronic than that.

If they came out and gave me a sign that they know they stuffed up…
At least then I know there’s a lesson learned that won’t be repeated
Last edited by skeptic on Wed 23 Jun 2021 6:51pm, edited 1 time in total.