List profile = Reality check

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: List profile = Reality check

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 14 Sep 2021 3:25pm Buchenara has just released his list analyisis of the Saints in the HS. (Apologies I dont know how to copy firewalled articles) Is it any wonder the guy is not in the industry any longer, his opinion is so short sighted and missing the mark its scary.

The guy has NFI, it pisses me off reading these so called experts bagging the club when he cant look beyond decisions made 3 years ago.
Buckenara has the runs on the board, and comes from a highly successful background. When a club continually stuffs up like we have for decades, then there's lots of ammo to pick apart sadly

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Re: List profile = Reality check

spert wrote: Tue 14 Sep 2021 7:30pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 14 Sep 2021 3:25pm Buchenara has just released his list analyisis of the Saints in the HS. (Apologies I dont know how to copy firewalled articles) Is it any wonder the guy is not in the industry any longer, his opinion is so short sighted and missing the mark its scary.

The guy has NFI, it pisses me off reading these so called experts bagging the club when he cant look beyond decisions made 3 years ago.
Buckenara has the runs on the board, and comes from a highly successful background. When a club continually stuffs up like we have for decades, then there's lots of ammo to pick apart sadly
Did you read his article?

He is way off the mark on a number of things. He just canned the club for adding the senior players last year rather than youth, when we didnt have the draft picks.

The current list managers, IMO are the exception to what you are suggesting Spert. The club had to trade for older quality because the previous group had left the list without any quality at all. It has been proven for years you can draft all the top kids you like, but if they are not surrounded and supported by older quality players they struggle.

The current football department are not without the errors (none are), but at least the club can remain competitive while they develop the kids the bring in to become the A & B Graders - Buchanera alludes to.