Trade-Draft 2021 Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade-Draft 2021 Discussion

Vazelos wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 2:28am
saynta wrote: Thu 22 Apr 2021 2:15pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:58am
saynta wrote: Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:16am Trading a two times best and fairest winner for a pig in a poke? Thanks, but no thanks.
He won the B&F in our poorer years.
The same player who goes missing everytime the heat is on and still cant hit a target going forward.
Would much rather off load him while he still has some value, take a step backwards for future growth.
Every year there are calls to delist. drop or trade Sebby from people who I believe have no f****** idea. This year appears to be heading the same way . I am f****** sick of it.

But, hey, you are entitled to your own opinion. I just thank the lord, the saints have a different view. :wink:
Talk about having an idea!!
How is your boy Dunstan going?
Did you love his game against Richmond?.
Back to Trevor Barker Oval for the “ Tractor”.

Seb Ross is on 700k and we have too many one paced mid fielders he is a decent player but for him to stay he has to take a pay cut....
We need to find that elite fast 2 way running mid fielders that has eluded us for years..
Where are we going to find it?
Treloar wanted to come we had no salary cap space ....
Now we must go to the draft to find him...
Show me the evidence that Treloar wanted to come to the Saints and our lack of salary cap space.

That's just made up bull s***. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:23am
saynta wrote: Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:16am Trading a two times best and fairest winner for a pig in a poke? Thanks, but no thanks.
The same player who goes missing everytime the heat is on and still cant hit a target going forward.
Would much rather off load him while he still has some value, take a step backwards for future growth.
Every year there are calls to delist. drop or trade Sebby from people who I believe have no f****** idea. This year appears to be heading the same way . I am f****** sick of it.

But, hey, you are entitled to your own opinion. I just thank the lord, the saints have a different view. :wink:

Seb Ross is on 700k and we have too many one paced mid fielders he is a decent player but for him to stay he has to take a pay cut....
We need to find that elite fast 2 way running mid fielders that has eluded us for years..
Show me the evidence that Treloar wanted to come to the Saints and our lack of salary cap space.

Three separate proven BF ITK's said exactly that over the trade period. Plus if you had of listened to Lethlean & Gallaghers interviews over that period, there answers on the subject was of course we are interested but later we dont have the salary cap room. Plus Treloars manager initially suggested he was interested in the Saints, but as soon as the Crouch deal went through obviously he filled our cap.

Remember all clubs have to spend 95% of their cap each year, with some minor exemptions. It's one of the worst AFL Player Iniatives ever implemented, it cripples under performing or developing clubs ability to save money in their down years.

I can understand your loyalty to Seb, but you can be assured he has been comparitively well paid in his time at the Saints. Football is a cut throat business, so if he or Billings or another limited player gets us the draft choices we need we need, would be irresponsible not to pull the trigger.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:45am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:39am

Three separate proven BF ITK's said exactly that over the trade period. Plus if you had of listened to Lethlean & Gallaghers interviews over that period, there answers on the subject was of course we are interested but later we dont have the salary cap room. Plus Treloars manager initially suggested he was interested in the Saints, but as soon as the Crouch deal went through obviously he filled our cap.

Remember all clubs have to spend 95% of their cap each year, with some minor exemptions. It one of the worst AFL Player Iniatives ever implemented, it cripples under performing or developing clubs ability to save money in their down years.
Of course we were interested. Means sweet f*** all. There is no such animal as a proven BF ITK for f*** sake. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:44am

Remember all clubs have to spend 95% of their cap each year, with some minor exemptions. It one of the worst AFL Player Iniatives ever implemented, it cripples under performing or developing clubs ability to save money in their down years.
Of course we were interested. Means sweet f*** all. There is no such animal as a proven BF ITK for f*** sake. :roll: :roll: :roll:
There is no point in pointing out clear evidence when you have an attitude like yours....

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Have a look at this difference in the current Indicative Draft order. I'm comparing Richmond's picks to ours.

Richmond have won 3 out of the last 4 flags, check their picks against ours FFS.

Richmond 12, 15, 22, 31, 45, 49
St Kilda 3, 40, 58

What a F*** up. :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Caleb Poulter taken at Pick # 30 behind Allison at # 26, is debuting this weekend. In his last game he collected 27 disposals playing VFL in the mids. Allison would be lucky have had more than 5 possessions in any of his games, has no idea how to find the ball.

Allison may come good, but once again our recruiters have placed "potential" in front of actual performance. Honestly our recruiting team would do better recruiting from the BF mock draft boards and AFL draft central sites rather than what there scouting presents!

Our recruiting for the past 15 years has been atrocious and continues to be an anchor dragging us down!!
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Wed 28 Apr 2021 6:49pm, edited 2 times in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 5:21pm Have a look at this difference in the current Indicative Draft order. I'm comparing Richmond's picks to ours.

Richmond have won 3 out of the last 4 flags, check their picks against ours FFS.

Richmond 12, 15, 22, 31, 45, 49
St Kilda 3, 40, 58

What a F*** up. :roll:
Totally agree! Richmond would be rolling around on the ground with laughter after off loading Higgins for our 2nd round pick this year!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Surely in the 2021 draft with pick no 2 the recruiters will take Paddy McCartin.
Just to reinforce that they were right the first time.
And prove that they should never be entrusted with draft picks at a draft ever again.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Fischer McAsey has signed a new contract with the Crows. It has been mentioned that we were showing interest, so obviously he was just testing the waters to increase his contract.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:47am

There is no point in pointing out clear evidence when you have an attitude like yours....
My attitude? f*** me. All you ever seem to do is knock the saints. My attitude is realistic and I'm not swayed by uninformed made up bulls***. I have never seen a post on Big Shitty from a self professed ITK, that I would believe even for one second. Clear evidence, my arse. You have obviously never been in a court of law. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:04pm

My attitude? f*** me. All you ever seem to do is knock the saints. My attitude is realistic and I'm not swayed by uninformed made up bulls***. I have never seen a post on Big Shitty from a self professed ITK, that I would believe even for one second. Clear evidence, my arse. You have obviously never been in a court of law. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Court of law thats hilarious. Tell how me you equate that level of proof to a footy forum?

How is knocking the club suggesting we trade Ross to upgrade our list?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

An interesting list c/- Bergholt BF of state league players taken by the Saints in recent years -

The older state league players thing is interesting, here's the ones we've taken in the last 10 years or so:

2020 pick 45: Tom Highmore (2 games)
2020 SSP: Paul Hunter (3 games)
2018 pick 47: Matty Parker (19 games, delisted)
2018 pick 54: Nick Hind (21 games, traded for late picks)
2018 pick 67: Robbie Young (3 games, delisted)
2018 rookie pick 3: Cal Wilkie (47 games)
2018 SSP: Jono Marsh (11 games, delisted)
2016 rookie pick 10: Rowan Marshall (54 games)
2012 trade: Tom Lee (17 games, delisted)
2011 trade: Terry Milera (30 games, delisted)
2011 trade: Ahmed Saad (33 games, delisted)
2011 pick 68: Beau Maister (21 games, delisted)
2011 rookie pick 12: Sam Dunell (12 games, delisted)
2011 rookie pick 30: Cam Shenton (24 games, delisted)

Basically two successes there in Wilkie and Marshall. Could maybe count Sinclair as well since he was taken after his draft year.

The rest were basically taken in two big lumps in 2011-12, and 2018. 2011-12 had a strike rate of 0/6. 2018 had a strike rate of 1/5.

That said, the earliest pick used on any of them was pick 45 on Highmore last year. I guess also the picks we traded for Lee, Milera, Saad first round picks.

Not sure what the conclusion is from this? Certainly seems like a bunch of wasted time and list spots, but most of them weren't super expensive so I'm not sure if it's that bad. I guess we missed out on the players we chose not to pick.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 29 Apr 2021 3:36pm
saynta wrote: Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:04pm

Court of law thats hilarious. Tell how me you equate that level of proof to a footy forum?

How is knocking the club suggesting we trade Ross to upgrade our list?
Just love trading out our best players. It's worked out well for us in the past. Stewart, Trott, Greene, Lockett, Hall, McEvoy, Del Santo, Goddard....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Saynta Ross is not in our best players, he plays 1 decent game in 10. Its like Richo's love for Newnes, he tried hard but gave the ball back to the opposition far too regularly.

Stewart66 on BF attends most Saints training sessions and is big on the NAB ruckman Ned Moyle, which might have come from the club. After watching Moyle play in that Australia v Geelong VFL game, I was not impressed. The young Geelong ruckman Paul Tsapatolis was all over him and offered a lot more around the ground. Moyle is a slow lumbering type (Longer) and surely not the type cast young ruckman we are looking for?

There are a number of 19 yo rucking options available, I hope our recruitment team arent locked in on Moyle and forget to put the work into the other options

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 30 Apr 2021 8:45pm Saynta Ross is not in our best players, he plays 1 decent game in 10. Its like Richo's love for Newnes, he tried hard but gave the ball back to the opposition far too regularly.

Stewart66 on BF attends most Saints training sessions and is big on the NAB ruckman Ned Moyle, which might have come from the club. After watching Moyle play in that Australia v Geelong VFL game, I was not impressed. The young Geelong ruckman Paul Tsapatolis was all over him and offered a lot more around the ground. Moyle is a slow lumbering type (Longer) and surely not the type cast young ruckman we are looking for?

There are a number of 19 yo rucking options available, I hope our recruitment team arent locked in on Moyle and forget to put the work into the other options
More f****** rubbish. How many of our current players get a BOG or win a best and fairest. Your hatred of Seb is pathetic.

Anyway Seb is safe. Club doesn'tlisten to keyboard "EXPERTS". Thankfully.

I would have thought that by now you would have got the message that I don't give a rats for what anyone on big shitty thinks, says, or believes :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wow Saynta you trully are an exceptional individual.

Just a question have you ever submitted a post without an expletive attached?

Ps I dont hate Ross just think he would give us good trade value.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 30 Apr 2021 10:05pm Wow Saynta you trully are an exceptional individual.

Just a question have you ever submitted a post without an expletive attached?

Ps I dont hate Ross just think he would give us good trade value.
Yeah, that has worked for us in the f****** past hasn't it... Not. :roll:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

After last nights game where Ross was an important link player, I tend to agree with you Saynta. I just wish we still had our 2nd round pick, we seem to trade it out constantly in recent years.

Looking at Nick Hinds stats this year and our lack of run & speed out of defence, it astounds me that we let him leave for nothing last year. Obviously they (Ratts, Lethlean & Gallagher) thought he could only play the small forward role, but Essendon knew different. For all the positives they have done with their trading, dumb list management like this, brings it all undone.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I wonder why this kid Marcus Lentini hasnt been picked up before.? In the highest possession winners in the VFL since leaving the TAC Cup.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... af5e5a0d29

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if 21yo Brayden Crossley 1.98cm 102kgs would be a worth a look as a backup ruckman/forward? Currently playing VFL with the Southport Sharks. He is the ex GCS player who got rubbed out for 12 months for using nose candy, after which he was delisted. From memory he plays a bit like Mumford.

There has to be better options around than Hunter & Alabakis surely.....

Further to: I just watched the Southport v GWS game and Crossley is not our Rucking answer. He is a big lumbering tall forward almost in the mould of David Cloke and not suited to the present AFL game IMO.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Mon 10 May 2021 4:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crossy66
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 04 May 2021 7:50pm I wonder if 21yo Brayden Crossley 1.98cm 102kgs would be a worth a look as a backup ruckman/forward? Currently playing VFL with the Southport Sharks. He is the ex GCS player who got rubbed out for 12 months for using nose candy, after which he was delisted. From memory he plays a bit like Mumford.

Can play and should be on an AFL list .
More a ruck forward hard nut.
Certainly has McKernan and hunter covered.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Tue 04 May 2021 11:05pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 04 May 2021 7:50pm I wonder if 21yo Brayden Crossley 1.98cm 102kgs would be a worth a look as a backup ruckman/forward? Currently playing VFL with the Southport Sharks. He is the ex GCS player who got rubbed out for 12 months for using nose candy, after which he was delisted. From memory he plays a bit like Mumford.

Can play and should be on an AFL list .
More a ruck forward hard nut.
Certainly has McKernan and hunter covered.
Lets hope we pick him up, plus another younger option, as Hunter, McKernan & Alabakis need to be delisted at seasons end!

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Leaving so many list spots open will hopefully play into our hands at the mid season draft. Surely we can pick up get 3 or 4 decent players -

c/- PM Bangers BF

The U23 Colgate Young Game is a new feature for the AFL recruitment calendar, as clubs with picks in the Mid-Season Draft (MSD) scramble to figure out which 19/20 year old will be brought into their club to have an immediate impact, this game is designed to allow recruiters to see these MSD fancies match up against each other when their regularly fixtured NAB League games are on a short hiatus. For these kids, this game could be the reason they get picked up, whether it be MSD or end of the season.

The teams, which are selected with heavy recruiter input, are split in a Country v Metro Fashion, with the Metro team being coached by Nick Moodie (Sandringham Dragons Asst. Coach) and Country by Eammon Gill (GWV Rebels Asst. Coach)

TEAM LISTS (corrected wrong clubs):

VIC METRO
No., Player, Age, Height, Weight, NAB League/VFL Club
1. Jake Arundell, 18, 169cm, 65kg, Eastern Ranges
2. Harrison White, 19, 175cm, 70kg, Western Jets
3. Eren Soylemez, 19, 179cm, 82kg, Sandringham Dragons
4. Ewan Macpherson, 19, 179cm, 82kg, Northern Knights
5. Tom Blamires, 18, 180cm, 76kg, Sandringham Dragons
6. Corey Preston, 18, 181cm, 77kg, Eastern Ranges
7. Darby Hipwell, 18, 182cm, 82kg, Sandringham Dragons
8. Harrison Keeling, 19, 183cm, 68kg, Eastern Ranges
9. Joel Trudgeon, 18, 185cm, 90kg, Northern Knights
10. Charlie McKay, 18, 186cm, 83kg, Sandringham Dragons
11. Lachlan Riley, 19, 186cm, 85kg, Sandringham Dragons
12. Dylan Thomas, 18, 187cm, 77kg, Oakleigh Chargers
13. Liam Conway, 19, 188cm, 87kg, Western Jets
14. Ben De Bolfo, 18, 188cm, 79kg, Northern Knights
15. Sam Clohesy, 18, 189cm, 72kg, Calder Cannons
16. Fraser Elliot, 18, 189cm, 88kg, Oakleigh Chargers
17. Luke Cleary, 19, 189cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons
18. Logan Young, 19, 190cm, 84kg, Sandringham Dragons
19. Marc Massarotti, 18, 191cm, 91kg, Eastern Ranges
20. Cody Raak, 18, 192cm, 80kg, Western Jets
21. Dominic Akuei, 18, 192cm, 76kg, Northern Knights
22. Samuel Paea, 18, 194cm, 94kg, Calder Cannons
23. Flynn Maguire, 19, 195cm, 82kg, Oakleigh Chargers
24. Riley Smith, 20, 200cm, 104kg, Eastern Ranges
25. Felix Flockart, 19, 202cm, 80kg, Sandringham Dragons
26. Liam Podhajski, 18, 202cm, 99kg, Calder Cannons
27. Ned Moyle, 19, 205cm, 87kg, Oakleigh Chargers

VIC COUNTRY
No., Player, Age, Height, Weight, NAB League/VFL Club
1. Sam Conforti, 19, 173cm, 74kg, Bendigo Pioneers
2. Charlie Ham, 18, 180cm, 74kg, Geelong Falcons
3. Kobi George, 19, 182cm, 74kg, Dandenong Stingrays
4. Jack Hickman, 19, 177cm, 71kg, Bendigo Pioneers
5. Patrick Parnell, 19, 178cm, 60kg, Murray Bushrangers
6. Clayton Gay, 19, 183cm, 77kg, Dandenong Stingrays
7. Will Bravo, 19, 181cm, 77kg, Dandenong Stingrays
8. Marcous Herbert, 18, 181cm, 81kg, GWV Rebels
9. Flynn Young, 19, 181cm, 69kg, Geelong Falcons
10. Isaac Wareham, 19, 183cm, 81kg, Geelong VFL
11. Will Papley, 18, 178cm, 78kg, Gippsland Power
12. Noah Gribble, 18, 180cm, 79kg, Geelong Falcons
14. Charlie Byrne, 18, 184cm, 79kg, Murray Bushrangers
15. Sam Durham, 19, 190cm, 82kg, Richmond VFL
16. Cobi Maxted, 18, 188cm, 88kg, Bendigo Pioneers
17. Bryce Milford, 18, 195cm, 82kg, Dandenong Stingrays
18. Xavier Mitchell, 18, 191cm, 78kg, Bendigo Pioneers
19. Daniel Turner, 19, 191cm, 79kg, Murray Bushrangers
20. Ryan O'Keefe, 19, 192cm, 69kg, Bendigo Pioneers
22. Caleb Ernst, 18, 194cm, 91kg, Bendigo Pioneers
23. Mutaz El Nour, 19, 192cm, 83kg, Northern Bullants VFL
24. Cameron McLeod, 18, 192cm, 78kg, Murray Bushrangers
25. Jai Neal, 18, 192cm, 88kg, Dandenong Stingrays
27. Mason Hawkins, 19, 198cm, 82kg, Gippsland Power
28. Aaron Gundry, 20, 201cm, 91kg, Carlton VFL

FIVE PLAYERS TO WATCH FROM EACH SIDE

METRO:

27. Ned Moyle (Ruck, Oakleigh Chargers)
Fresh off his debut for Collingwood at VFL level, in a game against the Suns where many agreed he looked comfortably the best Ruck on field, Moyle comes into this contest as one of the leading prospects for the Mid-Season Draft. Coming into the season relatively unknown, a strong first three games against Sandringham, Eastern and Western earnt him selection in the AFL Academy game against the Geelong VFL side, where he held his own against multiple AFL listed players in the ruck. With fellow MSD Metro fancies Max Heath and Jacob Edwards not selected in the game, Moyle is likely to be the number 1 ruck against a much shorter opposition side, expect him to continue his form and dominate the ruck contests, but also look to cover the ground and show his worth as a resting forward.

20. Cody Raak (Third-Tall Defender, Western Jets)
Shot into the 2021 season with a massive first game performance against the Calder Cannons, racking up 29 disposals and 9 marks, Raak has continued to get high returns in NAB League, and showed that, whilst not as prolific at VFL level, his strengths such as positioning, marking overhead and workrate translate well. What has impressed most with Raak is his improvement from the 2019 season, cleaning up his disposal and strengthening his offensive game were two things he wanted to work on and he's done that, resulting in a catapult up draft boards to be one of the more fancied MSD prospects. Trained on with the Bulldogs AFL in an attempt to win a list spot to no success, the NGA member may make the Dogs regret that decision

6. Corey Preston (Small Forward, Eastern Ranges)
The athletic and lightening quick forward was another that trained with the Western Bulldogs over summer in an attempt to win a list spot to no avail, but returned to NAB League action with a bang after the experience, with his opening performance being a 4-goal display against the Calder Cannons. Since then he hasn't quite hit the scoreboard as much, but has still been able to show his athleticism, natural forward craft and tackling pressure work in the forward half, playing in a fashion that suits the modern needs of a small forward.

21. Dominic Akuei (Ruck/ Tall Forward, Northern Knights)
One that's come from the clouds, to the point where most people assumed he was turning 18 this year, Akuei burst into contention in his first NAB League outing against the Western Jets this year, showing casing his incredible leap to match it with Geelong listed Paul Tsapatolis who stands the casual 10cm taller than him. Having to shoulder the load of being the number 1 ruck for Northern given their lack of height in the squad, Akuei has impressed with his ability to match it with 200cm+ opponents in the air, and easily beat them at ground level and in general play around the ground. A Carlton NGA member, Akuei is likely to play as a forward target in this game which will allow him to show his skills in his likely position at the next level

17. Luke Cleary (General Defender, Sandringham Dragons)
Garnering interest prior to the 2020 draft despite limited exposure, Cleary came into the season with the 'one-to-watch' tag already attached to him, but has not let that pressure get to his head, putting in two BOG performances against the Northern Knights and Dandenong Stingrays for Sandringham to come into this game with a bit of form. With speed, ball reading and kicking three of his biggest strengths, he's one that'll have plenty of eyes from clubs looking for good users from the back half, with potential to push up onto the wing

Others: Darby Hipwell (2 games Sandringham VFL, Inside Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons), Charlie McKay (Carlton F/S, Inside Midfielder/ General Defender, Sandringham Dragons), Liam Podhajski (1 game Preston Bullants VFL, Ruck, Calder Cannons), Logan Young (Inside Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons), Dylan Thomas (1 game Collingwood VFL, General Forward, Oakleigh Chargers)

COUNTRY

1. Sam Conforti (Inside Midfielder/ Small Forward, Bendigo Pioneers)
Despite measuring in at just the 173 cm, Conforti has genuine impact around the ground as a contested player in the midfield and forward 50. His good early season NAB League form, averaging just above 20 disposals a game along with a goal, has seen him play the 2 games for Essendon VFL averaging 15.5 disposals playing mostly as a forward, he finds ways to find the footy. We'll be looking for him to continue that ball winning and goal threat in this game, where realistically he'll need to prove he can play as a crumbing forward naturally to get drafted

2. Charlie Ham (General Utility, Geelong Falcons)
Able to fill a role up either end, or even on the wing, Ham is a versatile prospect with speed and genuinely damaging disposal by foot, which are two of the most desirable traits for those outside roles. Another one that got a bit of attention prior to the 2020 draft, Ham came into the season with eyes already heavily on him and hasn't disappointed to date, improving game on game and utilising that earlier mentioned kicking class to open up the games and hurting opposition.

11. Will Papley (Small Forward/ Inside Midfielder, Gippsland Power)
A very familiar surname in the footy world at the moment, Will looks, and plays, a lot like his older brother Tom, bringing that speed, goal sense, tackling pressure and pure aggression to his side, leading to some miracle moments in what has been a bleak season for Gippsland so far. Not the biggest ball winner, so don't expect to see him with ball in hand too often, but be watching out for his moments of brilliance that he produces

7. Will Bravo (Hybrid Midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays)
After training with Hawthorn over the preseason, Bravo has come back and looked comfortably one of Dandenongs best. Truly a well rounded prospect, Bravo brings a lot to the table that everyone will be looking for in their midfielders, with his work rate, speed and disposal all at a high level for the NAB League, it'll be interesting to see how that translates here against players he's yet to line up against. His ability to play as a contested ball winner but also as an outside receiver is also an impressive aspect of his game, allowing him to fit in to any midfield set up.

14. Charlie Byrne (General Defender/ Hybrid Midfielder, Murray Bushrangers)
Playing a style of game not too dissimilar to former teammate Lachie Ash, it's clear why Essendon had him train with them over the preseason, with his speed, ball use out of the defensive half and drive from the defensive 50 all being strengths, it was just consistency that evaded Byrne, with the gap between his best and worst far too big. However he's returned to the NAB League in 2021 with electrifying form, being one of the best handful in all 3 games Murray have played so far.

OTHERS: Jack Hickman (2 games Essendon VFL, Small Forward/ Midfielder, Bendigo Pioneers), Patrick Parnell (Small Defender, Murray Bushrangers), Marcus Herbert (Midfielder, GWV Rebels), Noah Gribble (Hybrid Midfielder, Geelong Falcons), Clayton Gay (Hyrbid Midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays)

OTHER OTHERS (ones that I've liked but aren't in the top 10 for each side):

Eren Soylemez (Small Forward, Sandringham Dragons), Lachlan Riley (Hybrid Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons), Joel Trudgeon (Inside Midfielder, Northern Knights), Ewan McPherson (Inside Midfielder/ Small Utility, Northern Knights, Western Bulldogs F/S)

Caleb Ernst (Tall Forward, Bendigo Pioneers), Xavier Mitchell (Third-Tall forward, Bendigo Pioneers), Flynn Young (General Forward, Geelong Falcons), Kobi George (General Defender, Dandenong Stingrays, Melbourne NGA)

NOTABLE EXCLUSIONS
Jacob Edwards and Max Heath are the two that'll raise the most eyebrows, they're getting drafted in the MSD if they nominate, they get nothing by playing in this game

Zavier Maher and Liam Kolar are two others that had legitimate draft chances last year, but aren't in due to injury
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Fri 07 May 2021 3:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Caleb Poulter another shocker??? for our recruiting team. Poulter had 18 touches playing AFL yesterday, Allison wouldnt have had that many in his 3 Sandringham games.

Coffield instead of Naughton is another shocker. They initially said Coffield may become a mid, at this stage he is lucky we have no depth as he shouldnt be getting a game at AFL level.

How is it we continually find ways to not recruit the best available?
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Mon 10 May 2021 12:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Ruckman for mid season draft -

Liam Podajski 202cms averaging 28.3 hitouts, 15 disposals and nearly 1 goal a game.
Ned Moyle 205 cms averaging 27.7 hitouts, 9 disposals and .033 goals.
Max Heath 204cms averaging 23.7 hitouts, 7 disposals and .033 goals.
Jacob Edwards 202cms averaging 14.3 hitouts, 13 disposals and nearly 2 goals a game.
Jack Deidrich 199cms averaging 19.5 hitouts, 6.5 disposals.
Henry Walsh 202cms is playing seniors for St Josephs in the GFL rather than continue in the normal pathway.
In a very strong competition he has been a standout in all games, 2 bog in 4 games.

It should be noted that Heath & Edwards play for Sandringham plus share the rucking with a 3rd player.
(Dante Visentini 201cms).

NGA players are ticking along well -
Mitch Owens averaging 15 disposals per game (playing wing and is a good size @ 190cms). Kai Owens brother.
Marcus Windhager 13 disposals per game (playing HBF but previously a mid).
Joel Peris 10 disposals & .066 per game (small wingman but an incredible runner)
Josiah Kyle 10 disposals & 1 goal per game (small forward but has some tricks)
Scott Beilby 17 disposals & 6 rebounds per game (probably our highest rated NGA).

Other mid season draft mids -
Darby Hipwell averaging 20 disposals per game. (Has also played two Sandringham Zebras games and looked comfortable)
Corey Preston averaging 18 disposal and 2.8 goals a game.
Will Bravo averaging 19 disposals a game.
Charlie Byrne averaging 18 disposals per game.
Luke Cleary (medium defender) 16 disposals a game.
Dominic Akuei 18.3 hitouts, 12 disposals & .066 goals per game. (192cms playing as under sized ruckman has a huge leap). Possibly develop as a 3rd tall forward.

Its exciting to think we could pick up 3 or 4 players at the June draft, heaven help our list depth needs it.