AFL General Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL General Discussion

Torn I am. f****** torn.

I want Freo to win and the filth to get it's arse whipped, but I also want Banger to suceed as a coach

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

It may work out for everyone if Harvey moves on from the Sewer pit. An implied assistant in waiting role at St.Kilda would huge PR for the club and we get a good assistant. Collingwood won't retain him unless they have to. Its now or never in terms of bringing him home. Im confident this scenario would have already been considered.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vic Metro squad for under 19's championships.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 22a1660c51

Marcus Windhager (St Kilda) a Next Generation Academy member has been included in the primary squad.

Mitch Owens and Caleb Lewis ( both Sandringham Dragons) have been included as emergencies.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

f****** Demons aren't as good as they think they are and GWS into eight after their fighting win.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wont be long now.

From the age.com.au

"Mid-season draftee Matt Parker had 31 disposals in the Tigers’ VFL defeat on Saturday as he pushes his claim for a first senior game at his second AFL club."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From heraldsun.com.au

"EX-SAINT’S ON THE ROAD TO AFL LIFELINE

Paddy McCartin’s first game back at the weekend since his five-match suspension was the perfect start to his hopes of reigniting his AFL career.

In his first game since May he won 27 possessions at 78 per cent efficiency in a game with 11 marks, seven intercept possessions and two intercept marks.

It was a game to build on as the Swans list has now fully assembled in Melbourne for a stint likely to take in the entire season.

McCartin copped a five-week suspension for his strike on Geelong VFL captain Aaron Black.

But with his brother Tom making such an exceptional fist of his time as a rejigged defender at Sydney, McCartin might hope he can still reignite the AFL flame."

saynta
Saintsational Legend

f*** me. I 'm barracking for the cats. A first for me.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Cats doing the business on the Dorkers

Dorkers % looking like it will take a fair hit :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Maggots crucifying Lions

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dogs being mauled by hawks. f******
good. Really dislike those bullies.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hate the fact that the druggies may play finals. Absolutely hate it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Eddie to miss grannie.

What a jerk.

from heraldsun.com.au

Eddie McGuire says it did not make sense for Western Australia to lock him out if they wanted to promote the state during Grand Final week.

The former Collingwood president said the AFL had asked him to be in Perth in the lead up to the September 25 playoff and he was not trying to jump a queue.

McGuire was denied entry by the WA premier Mark McGowan’s government.

McGuire said his application made it all the way to the Commissioner for Police and State Emergency co-ordinator Chris Dawson before it was denied.

“It does all our heads in the political world we live in nowadays,” McGuire told Channel 9.

“We were going over to do shows over there we had it all going with WA tourism they put it together, the AFL wanted us there then we got knocked off and we said ‘no problem’ but then it became a thing and everyone piled on.

“It doesn’t make any sense if you’re wanting to promote the state, but there you go.”

McGuire admitted he was disappointed to miss his first grand final in 45 years.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on Foxtel Find out more
Eddie Mcguire receives a Covid vaccination from Dr Sam Zagarella at Niddrie Medical. Picture: Jake Nowakowski
Eddie Mcguire receives a Covid vaccination from Dr Sam Zagarella at Niddrie Medical. Picture: Jake Nowakowski

“I wasn’t (trying) to push to the front of the queue but that’s what happens when a politician gets in front of a microphone,” McGuire said.

“I’ve had a few days to ponder it. I don’t mind them having strict rules but in the end it suits them to say we have tough rules. It’s an easy one for them to give me a belt and say ‘aren’t we being tough’.

“We were going to be there, hire people and stimulate the economy.

“It doesn’t matter though I don’t want to skip the queue. If I did I would go to Tassie now and then go to Perth.”
Eddie McGuire denied entry to WA for grand final

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has been denied entry to WA for the Perth-based AFL grand final.

McGuire confirmed the reports on Wednesday morning, saying he is “disappointed” but respects the decision made by WA authorities.

“Yes, I’ve been denied,” McGuire told Triple M Breakfast.

“I’m disappointed as we had planned to do a lot of great things around the grand final … I put forward a smorgasbord of options — we were going to bring Who Wants to Be a Millionaire to Perth so all the Perth people could get stuck into it, but that was probably a bridge to far.

“I’m disappointed as I thought I could bring a bit of fizz to the occasion. We could have some fun.”

McGuire confirmed his application, which he completed and submitted himself online, made it all the way to the Commissioner for Police and State Emergency Co-ordinator Chris Dawson and Premier Mark McGowan for the final word.

“I put in my application for one person, it was rejected electronically, we had been speaking to everyone from Channel 9 to Crown to Fox Footy to the WA Tourism to the Premier’s department, and it ended up getting to the WA Police Chief, who put the cross there.

“That’s his job. That’s his call and I respect all of that. I hope it’s a wonderful grand final. Get along, Perth people.”

Premier Mark McGowan was unapologetic.

“He’s not happy, he wanted to come in. Unfortunately, Eddie can’t come, he’s not essential to the game, so he has to stay in Melbourne,” McGowan said.
Eddie McGuire will have to watch the grand final from Melbourne.
Eddie McGuire will have to watch the grand final from Melbourne.

Reports first surfaced when broadcaster Steve Price spoke on Triple M Perth, explaining the frustration some eastern states based media and sporting heavy hitters are facing with the WA Government’s strict entry measures.

“A bit of a whinge overnight in a text (message) I got from an old friend of yours and mine, one Edward McGuire, former Collingwood president, said he’s not allowed in … I’m giving it to you first hand, I’ve got the text in front of me, ‘I expected to be in Perth. They won’t let me in’,” Price said.

McGuire is expected to anchor part of the grand final coverage for Fox Sports.

“This will be the first finals series I’ll miss since 1972 and the first grand final I would’ve missed since 1976,” McGuire said.

The West Australian understands McGuire had applied for entry into WA for himself and his two sons, Alexander and Joseph, who were listed on the application as producers for his production company, JAMTV, despite them not being listed on the media company’s official website as employees.

McGuire came under fire last year when he travelled to Queensland for the 2020 grand final and was spotted partying at a Gold Coast nightclub, The Pink Flamingo.
More Coverage
AFL’s GF doomsday scenario solution revealed Buckley exit sent ‘shockwaves’ through Pies

At the time he said he ventured out of the Queensland AFL bubble to see how to better understand how similar venues could reopen when Melbourne was still in lockdown

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Long may Carlton's troubles continue.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/exp ... 58ows.html

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From the heraldsun.

3. Tribunal must change

It is possible to spend 15 minutes arguing the toss about the difference in Toby Greene’s elbow to Patrick Dangerfield’s throat and Joel Selwood’s forearm fend-off on Josh Kelly.

Greene’s action was initially handed a two-week ban while Selwood wasn’t cited at all.

You could argue Selwood was less forceful, used his forearm instead of elbow, didn’t injure Kelly, had a greater duty of care.

But as the punters would rightfully say, they bloody look identical.

So in the AFL’s review of its judiciary, which must make it much harder to take cases to the tribunal, it also needs to provide absolute clarity on what players can and cannot do using high elbows and forearms.

It is still impossible to fathom why Lance Franklin was able to elbow Luke Ryan in the head and face no suspension in yet another head-scratching tribunal moment.
Why was Selwood not cited but Greene given an initial two-week ban?"

Why? Because he and some of his mates are a protected species.

"

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 23 Sep 2021 4:27pm Clarko on a Tassie team.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/23/ ... eals-next/
That sh1t could be us....draft picks out the wazoo, Clarko pulls the strings, Roo sipping latte's at every practice....I'm getting a tingly.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Hamill back at the Cheats

ace
Saintsational Legend

https://static.ffx.io/images/$zoom_1.49 ... 48b0d6c003
Right click the video to set to loop.

CLEARED by Christian and the Tribunal.
Christian and the tribunal should be rubbed out for this.
There was no contesting of the ball.
The ball was present but there is no way Mackay intended taking possession.
Mackay still deserves to be rubbed out.
He should expect to be booed when ever he goes near the ball.
Mackay is Adelaide player number 14.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 8:07am There was no contesting of the ball.
The ball was present but there is no way Mackay intended taking possession.
Complete excrement!
As much as I hated seeing Hunter come off second best in that contest, McKay's arms were in a position to get the ball and his hands were where the ball was the whole time.
If you're running in to bump only, you'd be braced for impact with your arm tucked in much sooner. When two players compete for one object, there's going to be contact. Short of pulling out of the contest, McKay did pretty much everything right.

I wager that you'd be looking at this a bit differently if it was a Saints player bumping a Crows player.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sorry LLS. I'm with ace on this one. Dog act.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 10:58am Sorry LLS. I'm with ace on this one. Dog act.
No need to apologise, Saynta...You're allowed to be wrong :wink: :wink: :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 2:35pm
saynta wrote: Wed 24 Nov 2021 10:58am Sorry LLS. I'm with ace on this one. Dog act.
No need to apologise, Saynta...You're allowed to be wrong :wink: :wink: :wink:
:wink: :wink: :wink: Am I? I spent a number of years as a member of a Dispute tribunal of an affiliated Aussie rules league, the last couple as chairman.

I would not have given the crow lice the benifit of the doubt. Guilty as sin IMHFO.