Billy Longer - where's he at??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Billy Longer - where's he at??

Postby Drake Huggins » Wed 14 Feb 2018 3:08pm

I suspect you are correct about Marshall, WFL. Marshall is a potential gun. He is a bit of a hybrid between Hickey and Longer, being more Hickey than Longer. Marshall has the versatility to play a key position as well as ruck effectively. Exactly what we are looking for. There isn't room in the 22 for both Hickey and Longer. There is, however, room for one of them and Marshall. Interesting times ahead. Good post, btw, WFL. Keep them coming.
"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Postby BackFromUSA » Wed 14 Feb 2018 10:31pm

stonecold wrote:Easy to see some posters on here lack genuine 'Ruck knowledge or understanding of the game'!!!!!

Any wonder not many posters bother posting anymore!!!!!

Remember the times when everyone was allowed an opinion, Nanny Country, Nanny Rules, Nanny Forum!!!!!

Not true.

I am allowed an opinion too.

And my opinion differs to yours.

And I don't write it as FACT when it just an opinion.
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member

Postby stonecold » Wed 14 Feb 2018 11:42pm

BackFromUSA wrote:
stonecold wrote:Easy to see some posters on here lack genuine 'Ruck knowledge or understanding of the game'!!!!!

Remember the times when everyone was allowed an opinion, Nanny Country, Nanny Rules, Nanny Forum!!!!!

Not true.

I am allowed an opinion too.

And my opinion differs to yours.

And I don't write it as FACT when it just an opinion.

I write it as fact, do I? That's just your opinion, you have no possible way of knowing that Simon!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby Numpty » Thu 15 Feb 2018 12:24am

saynta wrote:

Sigh. The good old days. Evidently we both pine for them. When anyone with an alternative view to the ratbag lefties could express it on the general forum without the threat of being banned even.....Sigh.

Site these days is mostly plain vanilla with anybody questioning MSN (forum gods) getting threatened by mods or reported by fools.

I fully expect to catch a warning for posting the above.

You are both very right (and hopefully very white too), believe me!!! The ratbag lefty PC-crap worshiping Mexican sympathisers on here!!! It's a disgrace, believe me! Why don't they stop lazing about in the sun growing tulips, and go out and get a coal mine and dig up some useful stuff that makes things burn and smoke??? These people!!! They are stifling the entrepreneurial spirit of all those good decent hard working Christian Saintsational posters. Good patriotic people, believe me! Who just want to get on with building up walls, magnificent walls, believe me. #peoplewhowon'tbuildwallsmakemegrateagain
Numpty

Postby Numpty » Thu 15 Feb 2018 12:35am

stonecold wrote:Remember the times when everyone was allowed an opinion, Nanny Country, Nanny Rules, Nanny Forum!!!!!

My advice Mr Austin. I tell my great friends like Rob Porter who treat their wives/nannies (same thing) magnificently, get treated like crap in return, "Be rougher and you'll see a different relationship." Believe me. #makingroughingupnanniesgreatagain
Numpty

Postby asiu » Thu 15 Feb 2018 1:22pm

ratbag lefties !

wtf

rightwing forelock tugging trogladites u mean

but of course ... consistent reporting of anothers post by fools i agree with
... pot kettle charcoal indeed
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Postby The_President » Tue 20 Feb 2018 5:57pm

Lewis Pierce is going to be playing VFL for Frankston this year.

Seems like a weird move, almost like preparing for life after St.Kilda already
The_President
Club Player

Postby Drake Huggins » Tue 20 Feb 2018 6:20pm

More opportunity, perhaps?
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Postby Drake Huggins » Tue 20 Feb 2018 6:22pm

Are they even allkwed to do that, tp? Or does big Adam want to keep a closer eye on him both from a coaching and development angle?
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 20 Feb 2018 6:25pm

Last year the alliance was a huge burden on Sandy who had to play three or four rucks every single week. This seriously hampered their chance of winning games.
So a good move imo. Two rucks is enough for Sandy in one side. It got quite ridiculous last year when three or four of Hickey, Pierce, Marshall and Holme were in the same side. Made it almost impossible to win for Sandy.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby The_President » Tue 20 Feb 2018 6:38pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:Last year the alliance was a huge burden on Sandy who had to play three or four rucks every single week. This seriously hampered their chance of winning games.
So a good move imo. Two rucks is enough for Sandy in one side. It got quite ridiculous last year when three or four of Hickey, Pierce, Marshall and Holme were in the same side. Made it almost impossible to win for Sandy.

With the development league dumped it also makes sense in regards to more opportunity.

Can't see it happening for a club with their own VFL club though.
The_President
Club Player

Postby SuperDuper » Tue 20 Feb 2018 7:26pm

The_President wrote:Lewis Pierce is going to be playing VFL for Frankston this year.

Seems like a weird move, almost like preparing for life after St.Kilda already

Makes total sence for Pierce to play at Frankston. We need our backup ruck playing ruck, and also need Marshall getting ruck time. Meaning Pierce gets played a lot out of position. He needs a full season of rucking to 1. See where he is at. 2. Have any possibility of developing further and making the grade. Those opportunities were not there the last 2 years.

Hopefully he turns into a dominant VFL ruckman in 2018.

And as Con says, the Sandy team will not be overloaded with rucks, which really unbalanced them.. not only a bad thing for the Sandringham footy club, but also for our developing players, to play in such an unbalanced line up. How do you learn structures?

Excellent all-round move by the club.
SuperDuper
Club Player

Postby Con Gorozidis » Tue 20 Feb 2018 7:59pm

Tend to agree. Our young rucks need to play senior VFL footy in the ruck.
Absurd having them play fwd or in dev league.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby stonecold » Tue 20 Feb 2018 8:50pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:Tend to agree. Our young rucks need to play senior VFL footy in the ruck.

No Dev league any more ConnieBoy!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player

Postby The_President » Wed 21 Feb 2018 11:10am

Drake Huggins wrote:I suspect you are correct about Marshall, WFL. Marshall is a potential gun. He is a bit of a hybrid between Hickey and Longer, being more Hickey than Longer. Marshall has the versatility to play a key position as well as ruck effectively. Exactly what we are looking for. There isn't room in the 22 for both Hickey and Longer. There is, however, room for one of them and Marshall. Interesting times ahead. Good post, btw, WFL. Keep them coming.

Can't see room for Marshall and a Ruckman in the team. It's almost unfortunate that we have so many decent key forwards in an era that doesn't really require them.

Membrey & Bruce are auto selections at the moment
Paddy if he stays fit
Battle if he progresses

Membrey the most athletic & versatile out of all of them, but even having Bruce & Paddy together in the forward line with a ruckman makes us very slow.
The_President
Club Player

Postby congorozides » Thu 22 Feb 2018 1:20am

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Tend to agree. Our young rucks need to play senior VFL footy in the ruck.

No Dev league any more ConnieBoy!!!!!

Even more reason that Pierce at Frankston is a good idea.
congorozides
Club Player

Postby St Chris » Thu 22 Feb 2018 7:08am

Pretty sure Longer was involved in the match sim the Saints website posted yesterday. If that was him in the footage, he looked pretty lean and fit, maybe we’ve been foxing all along??
St Chris
Club Player

Previous

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)