Club explanation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Re: Club explanation

Dude was just suggesting that, in light of the timing, there was a potential conflict of interest - which is probably correct, depending on exactly when the Bulldogs approached him and when and if he told the board. I agree the board should investigate any potential conflict of interest.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Ok then. So WB are interested in Bains and he tells them he is applying for the job. St.Kilda say he has to sit out the trade period while he is waiting and then he doesn't get the job. Seriously!
Its is well documented that the decisions made in trade week and at the draft evolve over months through investigation and discussion considering a number of variables and goals. Its called strategic planning.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:
There should be NO scenario, where a man can almost singlehandedly determine the trade strategy of a club, and be on a promise to another club.
Despite your baseless paranoia, no knowledge of when Bain's informed the club he was leaving, what timing of departure and roles of responsibility was agreed to between the parties the above has to be your best assumption to date.

You assume that Bain's has 'almost' singlehandedly determined the trade strategy whilst on promise to the Bulldogs.
Surprising that the recruiters and coaches leave the trade strategy to one man and that strategy was devised and implemented whilst he had agreed to a deal with the Bulldogs.

Take your supporters hat off for a minute.
So Bain's is going to determine a poor outcome for the Saints on departure and sully a reputation built over 6 years when he moves to the Bulldogs, what does he have to gain?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
To the top
SS Life Member

With all due respect CQ, I would suggest that you have questionable knowledge of the corporate world and processes employed when senior staff resign to join opposition organisations

This includes embargo's included in the Letter of Offer when you joined the organisation you then move on from

In many instances you are prohibited from joining a rival organisation for a period of time vide those Terms and Conditions of the Letter of Offer you accepted

In a more public sphere, a television presenter is immediately no longer on air after announcing her defection

And immediately no longer going to work with the employer she is departing

To argue off indicative positions is a nonsense

Because positions is plural

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
ss1986 wrote:
There should be NO scenario, where a man can almost singlehandedly determine the trade strategy of a club, and be on a promise to another club.
Despite your baseless paranoia, no knowledge of when Bain's informed the club he was leaving, what timing of departure and roles of responsibility was agreed to between the parties the above has to be your best assumption to date.

You assume that Bain's has 'almost' singlehandedly determined the trade strategy whilst on promise to the Bulldogs.
Surprising that the recruiters and coaches leave the trade strategy to one man and that strategy was devised and implemented whilst he had agreed to a deal with the Bulldogs.

Take your supporters hat off for a minute.
So Bain's is going to determine a poor outcome for the Saints on departure and sully a reputation built over 6 years when he moves to the Bulldogs, what does he have to gain?
Exactly. People switch clubs all the time. I think the AFL and clubs have got these scenarios sorted out pretty well and they are achieved professionally and with integrity. Cancel the Royal Commission.

ss1986
Club Player

To the top wrote:With all due respect CQ, I would suggest that you have questionable knowledge of the corporate world and processes employed when senior staff resign to join opposition organisations

This includes embargo's included in the Letter of Offer when you joined the organisation you then move on from

In many instances you are prohibited from joining a rival organisation for a period of time vide those Terms and Conditions of the Letter of Offer you accepted

In a more public sphere, a television presenter is immediately no longer on air after announcing her defection

I'm from the corporate world and that is the exact manner which I would expect this scenario to play out TTT. Thank you.

Joffa- I didnt "assume" anything, I mentioned the opportunity existed. Two very different things.
Last edited by ss1986 on Mon 23 Oct 2017 9:15am, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:With all due respect CQ, I would suggest that you have questionable knowledge of the corporate world and processes employed when senior staff resign to join opposition organisations

Excuse my ignorance TTT. It is clearly obvious that Bains convinced the WB to dump Stringer so Essendon could have him. He then convinced Schache to jump shift with no lifeboat and held off the huge demand by all the Victorian clubs so the Dogs could get him. I was too busy being rational and pragmatic to see any of this.
Im sure now the AFL told him he would never work on Morning Television again unless he divuldged all of St.Kilda secrets to success to the Bulldogs.

Have I got it right now?

ss1986
Club Player

Why intentionally be obnoxious?

The point is- there is a flaw in the process that has the potential to do significant damage to the club. I believe that process should be examined and rectified.

To the top
SS Life Member

The explanation of how individuals such as Trump and the Australian solicitor turned Merchant Banker who sold FAI to HIH costing us all a levy to survive the Insurance industry are in the positions they are in today is in view from the responses of some on this subject

In Australia we have a government which promotes the most effective form of regulation being self regulation, entrenching its other policy plank of trickle down economics - with the outcomes to society we now see

Probity and protocol need to be constant companions and you could argue especially in today's world

And probity and protocols should rightly be in focus in regards to this matter and the timing

No one is or should be immune from scrutiny

Including St Kilda FC and the AFL

People departing organisations have been the subject of Court actions by the employer they are departing and that is the history

You don't have to look far for examples and reasons

ss1986
Club Player

To the top wrote:The explanation of how individuals such as Trump and the Australian solicitor turned Merchant Banker who sold FAI to HIH costing us all a levy to survive the Insurance industry are in the positions they are in today is in view from the responses of some on this subject

In Australia we have a government which promotes the most effective form of regulation being self regulation, entrenching its other policy plank of trickle down economics - with the outcomes to society we now see

Probity and protocol need to be constant companions and you could argue especially in today's world

And probity and protocols should rightly be in focus in regards to this matter and the timing

People departing organisations have been the subject of Court actions by the employer they are departing and that is the history

Whilst others may think it's boring - I'd enjoy a beer (or Red Wine) with you TTT

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:The explanation of how individuals such as Trump and the Australian solicitor turned Merchant Banker who sold FAI to HIH costing us all a levy to survive the Insurance industry are in the positions they are in today is in view from the responses of some on this subject

I understand the implications of poor probity and protocol. What I fail to see is any relevance in your arguments/questions to
1. Bains' departure
2. Our choices and options in trade week or the draft
3. The position Bains is leaving and the one he is taking.

Are you suggesting
1. that we could have acquired both and some elite midfield talent via Brisbane giving us both Schache and pick 2 for 7 and 8, or a simlarly ridiculous trade with the Dogs for Stringer.
2. that doing so would have been a better option
3. our priorities, being midfielders and KPD, are wrong.

Im not in a corporate positon bit my view is if we had of acquired Kelly this conversation would never had happened and Stringer and Schache would have been completely out reach.

And also, that not obtaining Kelly put them further from reach.

Your indicative question will likely go unanswered because it seems so irrational, IMHO, it is almost laughable. But thanks for sharing your corporate wisdom and experience.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to Bains. Who can begrudge him for taking the extra 250k a year.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
To the top
SS Life Member

You miss the point entirely, CQ

And, quite frankly, that is your problem, not mine.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

How it should gave gone down.

Bains: “Hi Summers, I’m outa here. Got a top gig at Shitscray”.

Summers: “thanks for telling me Bainsey. Heard “Lordo” Gordo is a megalomaniac prick so good luck, because you're gonna need it.

Summers picks up phone.

"Security"?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:You miss the point entirely, CQ

I only missed 'your' point because I was focussed on the probabilities of how Bains' departure 'actually' affected our 'best interests' in the draft considering our publicly announced plan prior to free agency negotiations, trade week and now the upcoming draft.

I can only assume that you 'actually know' as little as I do about what really went on in Bains' deal with the Bulldogs and how he informed the Saints.

I dont have any problems with the way any of it went down and am looking forward to a positive result in 2018.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

You miss the point entirely, CQ
I like your honesty CQ, you do not pretend to be something you are not.
You also present your point of view in a reasoned manner, but as the saying goes…’common sense is very uncommon’.

The arrogant self-centred approach directed at you above was not called for.

There are others that pretend to hold positions in the corporate world when their writing suggests a broken down poor man’s (or poor woman’s) academic with bipolar who never quite amounted to anything in life but tries to pull off a successful persona and think that repetitively and dogmatically referring to trickle-down economics & self-regulation on a football forum somehow makes them seem relevant and intellectual – FAIR DINKUM!

For example:
On 23.10.2017 – In club explanation thread
To the top wrote: In Australia we have a government which promotes the most effective form of regulation being self regulation, entrenching its other policy plank of trickle down economics - with the outcomes to society we now see
17.10.2017 – In the Lachie Weller trade thread
To the top wrote:You are obviously not the Ace of Hearts!!
But as the Ace of Diamonds you are obviously a mercenary, probably with a Rhodesian background - hence supporting the rabble that has just chalked up 21 Newspoll losses, on the way to the infamous 30 with their trickle down economic agenda and their adherence to the belief that the most effective form of regulation is self regulation, favoring exclusively which demographic, I wonder?
03.10.17 – In the AFL thread
To the top wrote:Well, if certain are of the view that trickle down economics, privatisation and the most effective form of regulation being self regulation, entrenching privilege at cost to the fabric of community, is the way to go, then good luck to you.
I loved Joni Mitchell, CSN & Neil Young as much as the next guy and I thought it was time for a change in 1972, but seriously it’s time to stop trying to stick it to “The Man” its 2017 and time to get off the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and join the real world man :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Never worked in the corporate world after turning 21 and pretty glad of that.

Prior to me reaching my then age of majority I did a short stint in"' which bank"" and hated every second of it.

I do remember telling the it's time peeps that they would regret it, and regret it they did
Last edited by saynta on Mon 23 Oct 2017 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
I do remember telling the it's time peeps that they would regret it, and regret it they did
No they didn't!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saynta wrote:
No they didn't!
You are wrong there wobblyone. They got the arse pretty quickly and the libs were returned in a landslide thankfully.

Corrupt as all hell. Only some of it ever came out. All that crap about Murphy is true and a lot more of it is still to come out.

MickThomas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
saynta wrote:
No they didn't!
You are wrong there wobblyone. They got the arse pretty quickly and the libs were returned in a landslide thankfully.

Corrupt as all hell. Only some of it ever came out. All that crap about Murphy is true and a lot more of it is still to come out.
Pretty much every politician is dodgy n shady.
They mostly come from successful business backgrounds,
where greed is good, and winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing.
They know how to cross the blurred line between honesty/morality and illegality,
and have safety nets ready in place, in case they are in danger of being caught.

Gough tried a deal with Khemlani for huge loans n got shafted by ASIO with help from CIA n MI5.
Now the liberals- they let 5 Aussies get murdered in Balibo n didn't say a word to warn them or try to make the bastard Indo army accountable.
Covered up.
Recently, they got ASIO or ASIS to conduct illegal surveillance on Timor gov officials during oil contract negotiations, not for national security, but PURELY for commercial reasons.
It's like getting your cop mates to give you info on a business rival so you have a stronger bargaining position, but on a grand scale.

So don't go saying Liberals are above board.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote:
saynta wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
saynta wrote:
No they didn't!

Pretty much every politician is dodgy n shady.
They mostly come from successful business backgrounds,
where greed is good, and winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing.
They know how to cross the blurred line between honesty/morality and illegality,
and have safety nets ready in place, in case they are in danger of being caught.

Gough tried a deal with Khemlani for huge loans n got shafted by ASIO with help from CIA n MI5.
Now the liberals- they let 5 Aussies get murdered in Balibo n didn't say a word to warn them or try to make the bastard Indo army accountable.
Covered up.
Recently, they got ASIO or ASIS to conduct illegal surveillance on Timor gov officials during oil contract negotiations, not for national security, but PURELY for commercial reasons.
It's like getting your cop mates to give you info on a business rival so you have a stronger bargaining position, but on a grand scale.

So don't go saying Liberals are above board.
I didn't. Only stated that the Whitlam government was corrupt.

Anyway this is the footy part of the forum .

Save the political garbage for the general forum and the loonies that post over there.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:The club owes the supporter base an explanation as to the circumstances of Bains' departure.

If anyone knew; why was Bains allowed to oversee trade period?

Example: Stringer was available. Bains would reasonably not have traded for him on the assumption that he might be seen to have been conflicted upon telling us of his departure to the dogs.

That is a conflict of interest.

Either Bains should have stepped out of the trade period completely, OR St.Kilda should have removed him from the process.

We need answers, because this is not the way a well run club would/should operate.

What a load of crap.

ss1986
Club Player

fingers wrote:
ss1986 wrote:The club owes the supporter base an explanation as to the circumstances of Bains' departure.

Example: Stringer was available. Bains would reasonably not have traded for him on the assumption that he might be seen to have been conflicted upon telling us of his departure to the dogs.

Either Bains should have stepped out of the trade period completely, OR St.Kilda should have removed him from the process.

We need answers, because this is not the way a well run club would/should operate.

What a load of crap.
Almost as crap as your contribution to the forum

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
MickThomas wrote:So don't go saying Liberals are above board.
I didn't. Only stated that the Whitlam government was corrupt.

Anyway this is the footy part of the forum .

Save the political garbage for the general forum and the loonies that post over there.
...before someone says ICAC

fingers
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:
fingers wrote:

What a load of crap.
Almost as crap as your contribution to the forum
Excellent response. You join the forum a month ago and have formed a view on contribution.

So let's be clear numbnuts -

1. executive role at the club - no explanation necessary to supporters.
2. He's made enough of a contribution and has every right to get another job.
3. I am not sure where you work - nor do I care - but to think that a person whose credibility in the industry is built on nothing but reputation would damage that by not executing his role as required by St Kilda is fanciful
4. You dont think that Finnis etc were comfortable with him being there?
5. We had our plan sorted ages ago - unless a small number of scenarios played out there was never going to be a deviation