Logan Austin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Logan Austin

kosifantutti wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote:You're right, SP. I believe it was CQS, but I could be wrong. It wasn't Jaxons, but I didn't want to call it for fear of criticising the Messiah and drawing the predictable opprobrium that typically follows such an outrage. No disrespect to Jaxons, either. Valuable poster in the main.
Actually it was Jaxons.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93983&hilit=Logan&s ... 5#p1702860

CQ guessed Logan Austin and Jaxons confirmed.
Sorry Kosi, you are obviously way too subtle for the pitchfork brigade...

Maybe
CQ SAINT wrote: Confirmed by Jaxons. I was having an educated guess based on evidence from media. Also saw alot of social media which suggests he may be out of favour after being thrown a bone late in the season and not performing too well and late form at Port Magpies slipped away as well. Was also believing he has been in our sites for a while.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Drake Huggins
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:I don't mind the postings of DH normally but on this one you're being a total tool and f***wit. DH - Drake Huggins more like Dick Head
That was my cue, DH. A bit like Bernard Shakey is BS. A bit of fun. Carrying on like a f***wit? A bit strong, don't you think? Just putting up an alternative version of the truth of the guru. An internet forum, folks. No one's a f***wit, d**khead or moron. Just people with opinions, except Suss who thinks I'm someone I'm not. Poor boy, obsessed with a former poster. Sad.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Good news, we could do with Logan's Run!

Look again it's the Flash!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Good news, we could do with Logan's Run!
22 years old...he's only got 8 left in him! :shock:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Good to see this thread has graduated into zero discussion about the value of the trad and whether or not someone predicted it.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Good news, we could do with Logan's Run!

Look again it's the Flash!!
SuperDuper
Club Player

I for one like the look of this trade.

Clearly we have been looking for a KPD to add to our squad, in fact we did so last year after losing Fisher and bringing in Brown and this year we looked again after losing Dempster

This kid Austin is a good age, has some experience, and should have significant upside still

Should be cheap after an injury plagued season
Looks agile and skilled for a big man

felix
Club Player

This is so painful...who has anything on Logan ...leave Jaxson out of it ..you people are obsessed with him.

saint-stu
Club Player

felix wrote:This is so painful...who has anything on Logan ...leave Jaxson out of it ..you people are obsessed with him.

1ac46a38
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

More people seem concerned on whether or not Jaxons predicted it rather the player in question. Don't blow your loads too soon!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
damienc
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Logan who?

Anyway. Do we have a pick though?
Do we have a late pick?

Umm. Yes. We do.

Adelaide took him with pick 69 so he won’t cost us much .
Austin is a very big unit, 196 cm or 6 ft 4ins. Aged 22.

A competitive beast like his best mate Jack Steele. They played junior footy together for Belconnen in Canberra.

Judging by what i’ve seen from his highlights reel, he is strong overhead.

What I like the most he is quick and agile . There is a video on YouTube showing him embarrass two North Melbourne forwards.

Debuted against Collingwood for Port Adelaide. Kept Travis Cloke goalless.

Hinkley saw him as a potential young leader and said so publicly. Austin couldn’t break into a settled Power defensive unit.

I think their loss is our gain.

I see a lot of upside for us. A potential KPP defender which is what we need who can go one on one with a big forward and hopefully win the contest. Good support for Carlisle who won’t have to do it all. Nathan Brown isn’t getting any younger.

Another good call by Bain’s and co IMO.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Good news, we could do with Logan's Run!
I heard his brother, Steve, could be a six million dollar man.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

That was a bit strong DH so I apologise for that but Jaxons did say we were interested in a port defender and obviously didn't want to mention the bloke's name. There were a few guesses and someone guessed correctly. No one mentioned Austin before Jaxons said we were interested in a port defender.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Numpty wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote: Easy enough to call it, as CQS did. Took the chance. Just sayin'... Jaxons is the Messiah for some. And they should know, they've followed a few in their time! :)
For others, he's just another opportunity to prove their superior intelligence and worldliness by seeing through his ruse......i.e. polish their own self image.

Here's a guy who comes on here with humility, not big noting and beating his own drum, just sharing info and people can't just accept it for what it is and allow others to enjoy that.
Apart from the pasting Jaxons has copped on here, I and various others are in the past few weeks according to those who aren't blinded by the light - an arse licker, a gullible sheep, projecting my messiah complex and swooning over a false prophet. Thanks guys. Champions each and every one of you.
You knew what you signed up for, believe me. #makingsaintsationalreallygrateagain.
Nobody knows that better than you....

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Just spoke to this forum's resident Port Power ITK* and apparently his nickname around Alberton is "Big Fish". So we may well land a Big Fish this trade period.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:Just spoke to this forum's resident Port Power ITK* and apparently his nickname around Alberton is "Big Fish". So we may well land a Big Fish this trade period.
So Ameet and AR were right all along. We just couldn't see it. Mission accomplished!

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Just spoke to this forum's resident Port Power ITK* and apparently his nickname around Alberton is "Big Fish". So we may well land a Big Fish this trade period.
Maybe because of his big tackle

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

59 minutes ago

PORT ADELAIDE LATEST

Power list manager Jason Cripps confirms Logan Austin keen to get to St Kilda. Club and management talks will continue today.

He's mates with Jack Steele. Close mates in fact. There was an article on both boys I read recently, so no surprise he wants to play with a guy he grew up playing with.

He has the attributes to go with the best forwards in the AFL. A broken ankle has held him back.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Drake Huggins wrote: Easy enough to call it, as CQS did. Took the chance. Just sayin'... Jaxons is the Messiah for some. And they should know, they've followed a few in their time! :)
For others, he's just another opportunity to prove their superior intelligence and worldliness by seeing through his ruse......i.e. polish their own self image.

Here's a guy who comes on here with humility, not big noting and beating his own drum, just sharing info and people can't just accept it for what it is and allow others to enjoy that.
Apart from the pasting Jaxons has copped on here, I and various others are in the past few weeks according to those who aren't blinded by the light - an arse licker, a gullible sheep, projecting my messiah complex and swooning over a false prophet. Thanks guys. Champions each and every one of you.
You got that right mate, for once.

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:That was a bit strong DH so I apologise for that but Jaxons did say we were interested in a port defender and obviously didn't want to mention the bloke's name. There were a few guesses and someone guessed correctly. No one mentioned Austin before Jaxons said we were interested in a port defender.
Thanks, JB. No biggie. I've acknowledged Jaxons call. My bad. First saw it mentioned by CQS. Anyway, let's land the boy. Sounds promising. Could he be a hidden cheapie, al a Robbo?

"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"No, it isn't."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Gershwin
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote:http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... gan-AUSTIN

says it all. Doesn't stand out at SAFL and not good enough for powers top 22. Only get him if it really cheap and as a back up player for injured players. I would rather not get another list clogger
You must be a glass half empty kind of guy. I can see plenty of positives there including "Given job on Cloke on debut and kept him goalless. Didn’t do anything wrong either." and "Kept Patton to one goal." and "Fine response to his demotion, helping himself to 22 disposals in big win over the Panthers." and "Undoubtedly Port’s defender on an otherwise disappointing day. Stood tall with nine marks and eight rebound 50s." (the last two were in the SANFL).

summertime and the living is easy ........
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Austin will be a Saint in no time by 2pm.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
St Loxton
Club Player

Sounds like it's happening right now. Trade radio.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is a Saint! Deal done.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Done deal. Now to the next move !!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC