Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down (2017/18 thread)

coopergrech wrote:Yes he did about Haynes! 'Haynes is coming' those were his exact words!

Sam Collins the Saints are into, thats what I have been told.
I read it as he was interested in us, we were interested in him and it was likely to happen at one point.

This is easily cleared up though...

just quote him... go to the search function, type in the words 'Haynes is coming' and link the thread. Given that he doesn't post that much, go to his history then.

Here's the quote I found
jaxons wrote:Ok will give you an update.
Haynes wants to come to us.
Tomlinson on the fence between staying or going and choosing Collingwood or us.
We are interested in Devon Smith and pitched to him last week, and would be happy to take him if Bombers can't do a deal.
Clearly we are reluctant to give up picks 7 and 8 so not sure how we do any of these deals.
We may do pick 8 for a later pick swap with GWS for Devon Smith but we want a pick in the teens that GWS don't have yet.
Still likely to go to draft with picks 7 and 8 at this stage, which I maintain is the right move.

But obviously you have a more up to date one so please post it

And follow that up with the one were he claims he is the be all and end all of everything...

you muppet

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:'Everyone in the AFL' must marvel at our finishes of 18th, 16th, 9th and 11th under Bains. How they must look on in awe at our magnificence.
They are all so envious and aghast of the masterful mgt display!
They must all wonder what our secret is!

When we were we a 'basket case'? We played finals in 2011. We have been dog s*** ever since. Sure we have improved but the AFL has an equalisation policy and a draft to assist sides in the bottom 5.

Read about it here:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-04/e ... -explained

Bains and Co have done nothing more than be bog average. Some of the contract decisions have been complete howlers. Claiming he is a 'master' is just embarrassing. Especially when you consider the Swans and Cats have played finals almost 10 years in a row.
We havent played finals in the last 6 seasons in a row.
Not sure what people are crowing about.

Have to agree with Con.

The jury is still out on Ameet Bains and the entire recruiting squad. But it's been out for an awful long time.

If we vault into the finals in 2018 and thereafter snag a flag (or two) the verdict will be positive.

If we sink to the bottom of the ladder next year (as seems very possible) then we'll need to rebuild all over again and the Bains years will have been a complete waste of time.
Anything is possible given Richmond just won the Grand Final, but it's unlikely. How many years did Richmond finish 9th??

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons does it again.

Coopergrinch really is a muppet. :D

minneapolis
Club Player

degruch wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:Bains is a gun in his role. End of story and its widely recognised in AFL circles.

It has been go over before as to why so no need to flog a dead horse.
If you're going to flog a dead horse, this is the thread for it.
You'd be a complete flog to flog a dead horse. It's dead.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

This forum is becoming less pleasant by the day. So many people just sticking the boots in constantly. The criticism of Jaxons and Ameet Bains has been deplorable...and by the usual suspects, of course. Really disappointing. It's no wonder I barely post on here these days. I notice quite a few have dropped off in recent times, too. Probably for the same reason, i suspect.

Junior
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:This forum is becoming less pleasant by the day. So many people just sticking the boots in constantly. The criticism of Jaxons and Ameet Bains has been deplorable...and by the usual suspects, of course. Really disappointing. It's no wonder I barely post on here these days. I notice quite a few have dropped off in recent times, too. Probably for the same reason, i suspect.
+1

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:This forum is becoming less pleasant by the day. So many people just sticking the boots in constantly. The criticism of Jaxons and Ameet Bains has been deplorable...and by the usual suspects, of course. Really disappointing. It's no wonder I barely post on here these days. I notice quite a few have dropped off in recent times, too. Probably for the same reason, i suspect.
+1. Keyboard warriors taking out their angst in an anonymous forum.

stkfc1
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
+1. Keyboard warriors taking out their angst in an anonymous forum.
Have to agree. Nothing wrong with having an opinion but the name calling and constant club bashing is getting boring. We are all supposed to be part of the same family yet posters will sink the boots into others any chance they get. It shows a lot about their (lack of )maturity levels if you cant hold a conversation without the personal attacks. Keyboard warriors is a good analogy of this type of person as Im sure in real life they're just as miserable too. We all want the club to succeed as we are personally invested. Its a ride so emjoy it and leave the name calling back in primary school.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Agreed. Just wait....the ladies that cook the players lunch at Linen House at Seaford will start getting bashed soon because the food apparantly isn't up to AFL standard. Its pretty much them and the line marker and gym cleaner down at Seaford that haven't copped it yet.

Seb Ross is probably the only person at the club that hasn't copped a flogging. Its very hard to bash him though as he won the B and F and got the most Brownlow votes after all.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
jaxons
Club Player

And if only you knew the link between Ameet and Jaxons it is quite ironic!
I have been asked to prove what I have given to this forum...look back at my posts.
I have given you every trade deal we have been involved with for the last 3-4 years as well as exclusively given you our first draft picks on the day of the draft.
And yes sorry I declared we had secured Laverde and Haynes commitments to join our club, and that Choco Williams was going to be our coach.
But for other factors at play the deals didn’t materialize.
However ‘due to the eat your Own nature” of some here all of that has now ceased.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
I have been asked to prove what I have given to this forum...look back at my posts.
I have given you every trade deal we have been involved with for the last 3-4 years as well as exclusively given you our first draft picks on the day of the draft.
And yes sorry I declared we had secured Laverde and Haynes commitments to join our club, and that Choco Williams was going to be our coach.
However ‘due to the eat your Own nature” of some here all of that has now ceased.
good to hear from you. The majority on here know things change, and the vast majority appreciate your contributions... I for one only tune in this time of year for you, so thanks for sticking around. Good luck in the next couple of days
Last edited by Long Term Injury on Wed 18 Oct 2017 8:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint 58
Club Player

+1 !
As much as I would love Tomlinson, Watts, Stringer, Heynes, Saad, Smith, etc. at the Saints they're not there cos we didn't chase them, they didn't want to move to us or the deals were not in our favour.
Generally ... the top 10-15 in the draft pick themselves, (generally), but not necessarily in the same order as is discovered in future years, so I'm confident that we will select two very good, maybe excellent, maybe stars with picks 7 & 8.
Looking at the bigger picture, we will NEVER match it with Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, Hawthorn, interstate clubs or the Hillbillies, ( yeah I hate Geelong :evil: ) unless we turn the Junction Oval into what the Hillbillies have at Kardinia Park
Geelong hide players in the draft as do interstate clubs and all the East Coasters have player academies so we are pushing S*** up hill
We are in a saturated Victorian market & unless we have a point of difference we are doomed long term
I'm resigned to the fact that unless we think big, nothing will change - we will make finals again no problem but a grand final ? Doubt it - for a long time and as for winning one .... some luck wouldn't go astray
Now, as for all you D*** Heads out there that keep sniping posters, etc., maybe we should have a compulsory brain scan done for all members, & those of you who fail can move to the Pies cos that's where you belong
I'll be at the exit door handing out Pies memberships, explaining how Centrelink works & I'll even pull out a few teeth for you, so you really fit in over there

Finally .... this is my O P I N I O N - if you don't agree, I don't give a rats toss bag.

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Okay, just to straighten this thread out...
jaxons wrote:Ok will tell you now Nick Haynes likely to be with us next year.
Note, 'likely'. Sounds positive, not definite.

Anyway, gotta laugh at a post that bags the actual trade decisions made by our staff, yet lauds random trade gossip by an anonymous poster, then descends into a brawl over it. :shock:

Poor ol' Jaxons can post what he/she likes, I've no problem with that, but personally I'm yet to see a scoop on this forum that couldn't be found somewhere else. Do I care? Nup. I'm on here to read other people's opinions, not on here for water cooler bragging rights...in another couple days we'll all know what out club does during trade week, without the angst.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons track record speaks for itself.
He is a proven itk.

I have no problem with Bains. He is doing a good solid job.

The only thing I object to is the hyperbole referring to him as a 'genius' or a 'master'. That is just fan nonsense. It's a footy club. Not a cult.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 18 Oct 2017 8:33am, edited 3 times in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Jaxons, just ignore the "prove your credentials" mob. If they have nothing better to do than pot on an anonymous cyber forum your efforts to provide info to Saints fans, then it says a lot more about them than it does about you. Many posters on here genuinely appreciate the info that you provide. Also no need to apologise for info that went off course. It's a fluid environment right up to 2pm Thursday.
If other posters regard my or anyone else's appreciation of Jaxons in a less than complimentary fashion, I don't care what they think of me, just leave it out of this thread. There's a thread for you to pour out your angst about it. Go play over there.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Keep up the good work Jax, thanks!!!!!

I have been accused of having a go at by 'some', when I wasn't having a go at you at all, so if you took offence, I apologise!!!!!

Also, apparently you have never PM'd me, haha, anyway thanks for your outstanding efforts over the years, no matter what you do or don't provide in the future, thanks!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Jaxons track record speaks for itself.
He is a proven itk.
Well...no actually. However, I like your positive opinion.

And you've been kicking the s*** out of Bains all week so far, so I call bulls*** there.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
He is a proven itk.

And you've been kicking the s*** out of Bains all week so far, so I call bulls*** there.
No I haven't.
I'm happy to go to the draft.
I called AR silly for his 'aggressive' comments.
I never mentioned Bains until someone started calling him a genius and a master. Then I objected. I merely pointed out we haven't even made the 8 once since Bains tenure. Hardly defamatory stuff.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 18 Oct 2017 9:21am, edited 2 times in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
He is a proven itk.

And you've been kicking the s*** out of Bains all week so far, so I call bulls***

Bains and Co have done nothing more than be bog average. Some of the contract decisions have been complete howlers. Claiming he is a 'master' is just embarrassing. Especially when you consider the Swans and Cats have played finals almost 10 years in a row.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 17 Oct

From Con yesterday. Yep. He loves bashing Ameet. He has called him everything under the sun from a suit and tie wearing lawyer to a used car salesman.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
dragit
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Well...no actually.
Mate, just go have a look if you can be bothered… there have been plenty of cases where he's given us an early scoop.

Ajantis
Club Player

Is this thread for real ?
move on............
lol

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
degruch wrote:
He is a proven itk.

And you've been kicking the s*** out of Bains all week so far, so I call bulls***

Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 17 Oct

From Con yesterday. Yep. He loves bashing Ameet. He has called him everything under the sun from a suit and tie wearing lawyer to a used car salesman.
I did get fired up at one stage but that was ages ago when some were saying he was going to get a new job at the AFL. The praise for him on here has been over the top and unsupported by reality at times.

Let's at least win a finals game before we start creating heroes.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons come back! Some people do love you! It doesn't matter to me whether you have official ties to the club. What matters is the quality of your information, of which this and other forums sadly lack.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Enough.

Line in the sand right here.
Dont step over it.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
takeaway
Club Player

Yes, close the thread. Has been taken over, in the words of Spiro Agnew, by the nattering nabobs of negativism.