Time for Wayne Hughes to earn his keep.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy04
Club Player

Re: Time for Wayne Hughes to earn his keep.

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
noddy04 wrote:How does everyone know Wayne is being paid $300,000 Is there a site that has these payment figures on them?. As for trying to get Ablett....are you insane the guy is just about washed up. IMHO
I reckon Ablett has 2-3 good years left in him. He would come at a bargain price for someone who's still elite. Washed up? Did you see him play this year? Still chalked up several 40+ possession games. He would improve our group. The quality is still there. Might just be the difference between mediocrity and genuinely challenging. Think outside the square.

yes I did see him play this year Greg. In some games he wasnt even chasing. Granted he had 1 or 2 good games iIMHO he was average this season. My opinion. Answer my other question Greg how do YOU know that Wayne Hughes is on $300.000? or for that matter how does anyone on SS know what any player , coach or official is on in our or any other club?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saintly Passion wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:He's getting paid around $300 K for the privilege, ?
If he is getting $300K in that role Bains is incompetent.
Absolutely no way known. Would be lucky to be getting six figures! Role is mid-level and reports into Elshaug
How do you know what he's getting? Most people would be horrified to learn how much most of the hangers on earn. It's a gigantic boys' club that looks after itself.
Yet the shitkickers earn sweet FA!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:
noddy04 wrote:How does everyone know Wayne is being paid $300,000 Is there a site that has these payment figures on them?. As for trying to get Ablett....are you insane the guy is just about washed up. IMHO
I reckon Ablett has 2-3 good years left in him. He would come at a bargain price for someone who's still elite. Washed up? Did you see him play this year? Still chalked up several 40+ possession games. He would improve our group. The quality is still there. Might just be the difference between mediocrity and genuinely challenging. Think outside the square.

yes I did see him play this year Greg. In some games he wasnt even chasing. Granted he had 1 or 2 good games iIMHO he was average this season. My opinion. Answer my other question Greg how do YOU know that Wayne Hughes is on $300.000? or for that matter how does anyone on SS know what any player , coach or official is on in our or any other club?
I already told you. Read the thread again. Do you think Ablett wouldn't be better than Lonie, Minchington or Weller? You're joking, aren't you? As for the pay, I used to work in the system so I have first hand knowledge of what the pay rates are for employees and consultants such as my good self. A colleague applied for John Peake's job when he left. Ballpark was 300K to 450K, depending on expertise, experience etc. that was 2011, so I would imagine it would be more now. Trying to prise a Kinnear Beatson or Stephen Wells out of their positions will cost you well north of 600K.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
jaxons
Club Player

Tony Elshaug is Head of Recruiting and ultimately responsible for our National Draft Picks.
Wayne Hughes is a pro scout for other AFL players only.
Good to see people know who does what at our club!!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:Tony Elshaug is Head of Recruiting and ultimately responsible for our National Draft Picks.
Thanks Jaxons,

always good to have someone who can plough through the bulldust and give us some facts.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
jaxons wrote:Tony Elshaug is Head of Recruiting and ultimately responsible for our National Draft Picks.
Thanks Jaxons,

always good to have someone who can plough through the bulldust and give us some facts.
Like all the other misses. Where did I say Wayne Hughes was responsible for draft picks? I clearly stated that he is responsible for scouting for uncontracted players and others we might get in a trade. You are clearly a fraud, Jaxons. I've never seen you post anything that is not known in the general realm of footy forums and media. Of course idiots swallow your bulls***, but I've called you out before and you didn't like it, did you? Hence the pathetic attacks. As I've stated before, you like people to think you're an ITK. You're an KNP. Some people of little intelligence don't see the fraud, but I certainly do.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Who is Jaxon's?

Can someone just clear this up with me please. Don't want a name. Just a job title. How hard is that?

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Thanks Jaxons,

Like all the other misses. Where did I say Wayne Hughes was responsible for draft picks? I clearly stated that he is responsible for scouting for uncontracted players and others we might get in a trade. You are clearly a fraud, Jaxons. I've never seen you post anything that is not known in the general realm of footy forums and media. Of course idiots swallow your bulls***, but I've called you out before and you didn't like it, did you? Hence the pathetic attacks. As I've stated before, you like people to think you're an ITK. You're an KNP. Some people of little intelligence don't see the fraud, but I certainly do.
It seems some idiots turn "white" with anger when they get questioned.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

Just as aside, tell us who the club is targeting, both from other clubs and the draft? I expect your answer after the combine when all decisions will be finalised. Don't give me the bulls*** excuse that you don't want to give away our secrets. If you are ITK, you'll know who some of those are already. I'm not holding my breath.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Thanks Jaxons,

You don't have to be an ITK and it aint rocket science.

From the club's website:

OPERATIONS & LIST MANAGEMENT
Ameet Bains Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel
Chris Liberatore State Recruiting Manager
Chris Toce State Recruiting Manager
Clair White Media & Stakeholder Relations Advisor
Dave O'Neill Head of Media & Stakeholder Relations
John Beveridge Recruiting Advisor
Jon Couston Project Director
Josh Gabelich Football Reporter
Kirsty Kelman EA to Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel
Mark Smart State Recruiting Manager