Here is my line up for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Here is my line up for this week

Seems like quite a few players who showed promise last season, are not coming on as expected. I am not convinced that our development system is working that well.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Weller and Longer out

Steele and Hickey in

Acres' needs to keep playing, Gresh should go before him as he has been fairly ordinary all year.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

spert wrote:Seems like quite a few players who showed promise last season, are not coming on as expected. I am not convinced that our development system is working that well.
Baroose and Skunk have actually gone backwards.
This is very discouraging and something has to be done.
Bernie Vince played on Skunk in our rd 1 loss to Melb,
according to a couple of match reports.

Membrey got only 2 marks, and Vince got 8.
I have no idea if Vince took those marks over Skunk, who is a fantastic mark normally...
Skunk got 15 disposals, Vince got 30???

These 2 forwards should be getting most of our goals to let Rooey roam around the wings and intercept and provide a target.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

In: Rice
Out: Acres
Don't see why 8cres has been afforded untouchable status by everyone else, Dunstan has performed similar to him throughout the year with average performance, with a sprinkle of some good ones. I can only remember one ga,e of Nlakes this year, the GWS game. Otherwise he's been pretty average, especially last week

Tony74 mentioned that Rice would be making the trip west a couple weeks ago, whether that's as an emergency or in the lineup we will find out, but my pick is play the kid

Would only drop Longer this week if Sandilands wasn't playing. Hickey wouldn't stand a chance against him especially with ball ups and throw ins. So I'd keep Longer in this week and next week, and consider dropping him against Essendo, who have ruckman who are like Hickey, not strong in the ruck, but good around the ground.

Weller should skid by again, despite a couple atrocious shots on goal (which lets be honest, most of us weren't surprised by now) he had some good intensity

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:I disagree with dropping Acres. He is only 38 games into his career and whilst not setting the world on fire in the past few weeks, last week was really his only failure. Keep faith in him for a few more weeks yet.
Agree with this. He is an attacking beast. Loosen the reins and let him go for it.

Nee!
spert
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
spert wrote:Seems like quite a few players who showed promise last season, are not coming on as expected. I am not convinced that our development system is working that well.
Baroose and Skunk have actually gone backwards.
This is very discouraging and something has to be done.
Bernie Vince played on Skunk in our rd 1 loss to Melb,
according to a couple of match reports.

Membrey got only 2 marks, and Vince got 8.
I have no idea if Vince took those marks over Skunk, who is a fantastic mark normally...
Skunk got 15 disposals, Vince got 30???

These 2 forwards should be getting most of our goals to let Rooey roam around the wings and intercept and provide a target.
\
Right from Round 1, our team hasn't looked switched on like it should have after a great finish to the previous season. I think Richo and Co have tinkered with something and it hasn't worked. Our two goal kickers in Bruce and Membrey have stagnated, and our small forwards are not doing enough work.
The only one to me who showed promise as a running, crumbing forward was Minchington, but obviously by not kicking 4 goals every match, he has been dropped. Gresham has all the skills, but is not finishing off his work and Mav has been in less than exciting form. This is our forward line, and it is a real problem. We can't be looking to Roo, who is in the twighlight of his career, and probably should have been retired, to be an influencing player.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Weller and Longer out. Steele and Holmes in. Holmes to take on Sandilands. He took more marks than Hickey last week and kicked a goal.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Weller and Longer out. Steele and Holmes in. Holmes to take on Sandilands. He took more marks than Hickey last week and kicked a goal.
they brought Holmes in for game against Tigers last yr, and tony74 had said at the time that
Holmes was a better option for ruckwork, and hinted at Holmes not being a good mark because "with rain forecast, marks won't be important"

Has his marking improved? If his presence will be better than Longer or Hickey, by all means, bring him in

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Tony74 was pretty adamant a couple of weeks ago that Rice would play in Perth. I'd guess if it was known that far in advance, it would be a planned rest for Joey that would see it happen.

I think there's probably 2 spots between Steele, Dunstan and Koby Stevens. I thought Dunstan was really good against GC, he looked to move really well and was involved in a lot of contests - much like his very good JLT form. Stevens doesn't get dropped after 15 tackles, but he would need to look to be more damaging when he has the footy, much like the message to Steele. So Steele has another week at Sandy.

Club Player

Hickey has done nothing to deserve a recall and isn't physical enough to compete with Sandilands.
Acres needs to be dropped with Steele his likely replacement.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Tony74 was pretty adamant a couple of weeks ago that Rice would play in Perth. I'd guess if it was known that far in advance, it would be a planned rest for Joey that would see it happen.

I think there's probably 2 spots between Steele, Dunstan and Koby Stevens. I thought Dunstan was really good against GC, he looked to move really well and was involved in a lot of contests - much like his very good JLT form. Stevens doesn't get dropped after 15 tackles, but he would need to look to be more damaging when he has the footy, much like the message to Steele. So Steele has another week at Sandy.
"adamant" is a tad strong

anthony mentioned that Rice "might be heading west" ...
adamant means He is definitely in the 22. Which he definitely did not say :shock: 8-)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Weller and Longer out. Steele and Holmes in. Holmes to take on Sandilands. He took more marks than Hickey last week and kicked a goal.
Holmes will never play for St Kilda again, barring catastrophic injuries. Will be delisted.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Holmes will never play for St Kilda again, barring catastrophic injuries. Will be delisted.
You may be right, he's picked in the Dev team as first ruck, but on the bench for the Sandy Surrender Monkeys
His contract is up this year