After the bye if we lose to.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

After the bye if we lose to.....

Adelaide and North Melbourne, the season is gone and we should do the following.....

1. Make the game against Gold Coast the game we "Retire"/farewell Rooey, Joey and Gilbo.
2. Get plenty of games into Rice, Freeman, Long, Goddard, Battle and White.
3. Rename "Our road to 2018" to "A road too far".

<two warnings for baiting one in thread topic and one for the new signature - third warning falls within 7 day period and an automatic 2 week ban>

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: After the bye if we lose to.....

No comment

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Crows beat Dockers by 100.
Not sure how the club thinks we can travel to Adelaide
and get closer than about 10 goals.

It would save money if they just forfeited the game, no airfares, accomodation, staff wages...
as well as preserve percentage.

I can't see where the next win will come from, because the Hawks and Giants game
were false dawns and fooled the whole club into thinking we were on the right track.

It's like being a cocky driver and doing over 120 kmh for 2 weeks, not getting caught by cops,
and then in the mail, you see 4 speed camera fines-
big wake up call.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:No comment
+ infinity

Because, like the vast majority of the forum, we are forbidden to say what we really think, and know for that matter...

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Ellaandjohn
Club Player

citywest wrote:Adelaide and North Melbourne, the season is gone and we should do the following.....

1. Make the game against Gold Coast the game we "Retire"/farewell Rooey, Joey and Gilbo.
I don't know you but are you serious.? Retire those 3 mid year. Yep great morale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Ellaandjohn wrote:
citywest wrote:Adelaide and North Melbourne, the season is gone and we should do the following.....

I don't know you but are you serious.? Retire those 3 mid year. Yep great morale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just ignore him ellaand. It's really not worth it.

Always loyal
35...LEGEND
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:No comment
+ infinity

Because, like the vast majority of the forum, we are forbidden to say what we really think, and know for that matter...
Haha , copped my warning for abuse yeasty and probably fair enough too , but gee whizzzz ???

Saint_J
Club Player

I see you rational.
Gilbo needs to stay on Roo on the wing for another year. Joey may retire years end. Freeman could at any moment get a set back slowly slowly with him. Others need game time for sure. But i'm not keen on going back to 2014/15 just to develop. Needs to be done properly.

Some hard decisions may need to be made depending how we trade draft at years end on

Minch
DMac
Lonie
Dunstan
Weller.
savage

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

I don't understand why wright was dropped a couple of weeks ago. Yeah he doesn't get big disposal numbers but he does a great job defensively and always kicks a goal or 2.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Saint_J wrote:

I see you rational.
Gilbo needs to stay on Roo on the wing for another year. Joey may retire years end. Freeman could at any moment get a set back slowly slowly with him. Others need game time for sure. But i'm not keen on going back to 2014/15 just to develop. Needs to be done properly.

Some hard decisions may need to be made depending how we trade draft at years end on

Minch
DMac
Lonie
Dunstan
Weller.
savage
The only one who has currency is Weller. I don't think the others are value, they are just VFL standard.
Dunstan has been overrated by all of our coaches, even given the magic #7.
Minch and the rest are just depth players who can't really cut it at the top level.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I disagree withWellardSaint. I think Weller has been one of our poorest players for weeks now. I would certainly hang onto DMac before him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You are a moron

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Comedy post of the year!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:I don't understand why wright was dropped a couple of weeks ago. Yeah he doesn't get big disposal numbers but he does a great job defensively and always kicks a goal or 2.
Wright doesn't big numbers in any category. In his AFL career he has averaged around 3 tackles per game and less than 1 goal every three games.

Still, I guess he couldn't do a much worse job than the almost invisible Minchington did yesterday. To be fair, Minchington laid 5 tackles, but then Wright laid 7 against GWS and scored two goals.

I don't rate either of them, or Lonie. None of the three meets my benchmark of the AFL standard for a small forward who hasn't got the motor to play in the middle. At least Wright can be a bit of a goalsneak, although he doesn't sneak anywhere near enough of them.

If we are going to have small men playing up forward, it's Gresham and Billings for mine. Forget the rest.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saint_J
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:I don't understand why wright was dropped a couple of weeks ago. Yeah he doesn't get big disposal numbers but he does a great job defensively and always kicks a goal or 2.
Wright doesn't big numbers in any category. In his AFL career he has averaged around 3 tackles per game and less than 1 goal every three games.

Still, I guess he couldn't do a much worse job than the almost invisible Minchington did yesterday. To be fair, Minchington laid 5 tackles, but then Wright laid 7 against GWS and scored two goals.

I don't rate either of them, or Lonie. None of the three meets my benchmark of the AFL standard for a small forward who hasn't got the motor to play in the middle. At least Wright can be a bit of a goalsneak, although he doesn't sneak anywhere near enough of them.

If we are going to have small men playing up forward, it's Gresham and Billings for mine. Forget the rest.
here's the bloody issue, Minch is not a small FWD he's forced to play in Lord Richos proving ground. He's a mid that never get to play in the MID at senior level. we need to see him have a few game in the MID so we can say game over Darren you anit going to make it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to reply to this post but I'm still too upset by Essendope's tragic and unfair loss last night.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Saint_J
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:I'd like to reply to this post but I'm still too upset by Essendope's tragic and unfair loss last night.
I'd like us to steal Antony McDT.. from the Injectors.

loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I'd like to reply to this post but I'm still too upset by Essendope's tragic and unfair loss last night.
Most unjust, why, oh why, didn't the Tigers revert to type, and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? Most inconsiderate.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I laugh when people point to small forwards as an issue?

Getting smashed and performance of small forwards isn't generally the reason why??

It's like at local or Junior level when a bench is used to rotate pockets whilst midfields are what's the issue...

Hmm ...
We are getting easily beaten, what can I do?
Oh yes, I'll take off a forward and back pocket and put two players of a similar level on the ground to cause change

Hmm?...
No change?

Minch, Lonie, Wright, Long... these are not our biggest concern?
Your weakest players output, is not the problem when getting flogged!

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I laugh when people point to small forwards as an issue?

Getting smashed and performance of small forwards isn't generally the reason why??

It's like at local or Junior level when a bench is used to rotate pockets whilst midfields are what's the issue...

Hmm ...
We are getting easily beaten, what can I do?
Oh yes, I'll take off a forward and back pocket and put two players of a similar level on the ground to cause change

Hmm?...
No change?

Minch, Lonie, Wright, Long... these are not our biggest concern?
Your weakest players output, is not the problem when getting flogged!
Agree.
Richo has said afte the losses to Cats n Wet Coke, that we picked the wrong option and our mids let us down.
So he dropped Dunstan as soon as Koby was available, which made a huge difference.
But, now he's changed his tune and blames poor forward entries.
Well, RIcho, you and Hamill are the blokes who instruct the talls to bring the ball to ground, and not to mark it.

How about getting the mids to actually deliver to a guy on the lead, and NOT just bomb it in to a contest?
They mark the ball, they have 30 seconds to line up.
The frantic, manic game has been countered and the emperor's new clothes are now revealed.

Remember Giants game, last qtr? Acres 2 goals were great-
one of them, Mummy turned his back and ran to square, leaving Acres with a 25m radius clear, and Minch
delivered Sherrin nicely. His other goal was similar.
2 other goals were crumbing of the pack, Newnes (I think) and last one Stuv.
They mixed it up, set shots and crumbing. Variety.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Mon 29 May 2017 5:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The other two could go tomorrow for all I care.
Not 12, though, seriously come on.