Mcstake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mcstake

BigMart wrote:Well

I stood a metre away from him the other week in the VFL and he is carrying weight. Around the gut, on the triceps, he has no muscle definition to speak of...

I watched him closely in pre season running trials... he finished only in front of Pierce and Longer (last) ... his running is horrible.

I know he struggle to run defensively and give second and third efforts

Not sure how much of that is untrue? It's pretty obvious I would have thought?!
Your kidding yourself if you think he's got weight around his guts it's simply untrue. At 38 I did a local country club pre season and went from 95kg to 87kg with out diets or extra work. Paddy after a entire AFL pre season and all the trainers and so on is apparently still carrying weight. Not true. I

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
ace
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:A big plus one to you magic man, maybe a little too much common sense for some posters though!!!!!
Anyone who knows the modern day professional football environment would know that if your skinfolds are not acceptable, then you don't play at any level until they are!!!!!

Shows the lack of knowledge of some on here!!!!!

As for you 'magnifisaint', disgraceful and distasteful comment about Paddy, hang you head in shame!!!!!
C'mon Stonecold we're all allowed some level of bulls***. Otherwise this forum would never survive.
Fatty is not an acceptable word these says, people just need to get off Paddy'a back a little, IMO!!!!!

He is working harder than anyone at the club towards improving, I carnt waiting till he makes some posters on here look like even bigger Dickheads!!!!!

Cause, mark my words, it won't be long before it happens!!!!!

I have the list of names ready to go!!!!!
Add my name to the list.
I don't think he will ever justify pick no1.
But he doesn't have to.
The recruiters have to do that justifying.
Anyhow I do believe he will eventually have a long AFL career just like Jack Watts.

I strongly suspect that after a few more years the 2014 draft will be seen to be so poor that no-one will have deserved pick No 1 or 2.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
BigMart wrote:No one is suggesting he is fat... but he is clearly not fit enough and/or presented well enough. He is in an elite, professional sporting environment and is not as fit as he needs to be, its mind boggling?!

This can be seen in his physique, in his running ability at training, in his game play... he has clearly still got puppy fat? It is staggering how an elite footballer, paid to train and play is not in elite condition.

He is in the worst 3 athletes on the list.
All of this is just made up and just untrue.

To suggest he has puppy fat and unfit is just ridiculous.
Has Paddy reached his athletic potential?
Some kids peak early - John Goergio ofr the saints.

Maybe Paddy has hit his ceiling athletically and his devlopment has slowed regardless of the work he does.
I have seen this first hand in elite athletes 17 or 18 years of age, they cannot continue the rate of improvement and plateau.
hence the recruiters fascination with upside.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:So do I have this correct?
A professional football Club that employs
Coaches
Medicos
Trainers
Dieticians
Sports Scientists
Nutritionists
Welfare officers
etc

knowingly allows a player they have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in
to present himself unfit,
and allows it?
and supports him in his current state?
and selects him to play?

Sheesh there are a fair few posters on here with a very low opinion of the professionalism of our football club.
Maybe, just maybe, the Club is more aware of what Paddy is/isn't and can/cannot do?
Maybe they would know what his 'skinfolds' are and his fitness capabilities?
Certainly more than us armchair warriors casting opinions with no real actual knowledge.

I'm personally happy to allow our employed professionals the final (and only truly valid) say on whether Paddy is fat/ok and/or fit/unfit to play the way they want him to play.
+1

On top of that our Coach has on a number of occasions said that fitness and workrate are not issues with Paddy.

But hey, the armchair experts know better and seem to ignore the time it took Hawkins, Daniher, Paton & Lynch (Gold Coast).

And if Paddy's got weight issues, then Petracca's morbidly obese.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
CURLY wrote:
BigMart wrote:No one is suggesting he is fat... but he is clearly not fit enough and/or presented well enough. He is in an elite, professional sporting environment and is not as fit as he needs to be, its mind boggling?!

This can be seen in his physique, in his running ability at training, in his game play... he has clearly still got puppy fat? It is staggering how an elite footballer, paid to train and play is not in elite condition.

He is in the worst 3 athletes on the list.
All of this is just made up and just untrue.

To suggest he has puppy fat and unfit is just ridiculous.
Has Paddy reached his athletic potential?
Some kids peak early - John Goergio ofr the saints.

Maybe Paddy has hit his ceiling athletically and his devlopment has slowed regardless of the work he does.
I have seen this first hand in elite athletes 17 or 18 years of age, they cannot continue the rate of improvement and plateau.
hence the recruiters fascination with upside.
Thats why they do all those tests over a period of time. They basically know exactly what shape they can get you in and how tall you'll be.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stonecold
SS Life Member

So, McStake hey, good enough to be named by those real experts (coaching staff) to be named as our only True Key Forward this week!!!!!

To all you KeyBoard Cowboy experts, they say, 'you know nothing'!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mcsta

Haha, experts at our club have never made a mistake?!... seriously, StK history is littered with blunders, but it remains to be seen if Paddy is one?

Luke got dropped, any comments on that one. Paddy must be good because he got a game, surely, if that's the case and we judge on weekly selections

Luke is done?!

Of course he is not, nor has Paddy made it.... because he got a game

stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Mcsta

BigMart wrote:Haha, experts at our club have never made a mistake?!... seriously, StK history is littered with blunders, but it remains to be seen if Paddy is one?

Luke got dropped, any comments on that one. Paddy must be good because he got a game, surely, if that's the case and we judge on weekly selections

Luke is done?!

Of course he is not, nor has Paddy made it.... because he got a game
Yes, while all experts make mistakes (inc ours/us), they are the experts for a reason and they have seen fit to select Paddy again this week. They have also seen fit not to select Luke this week, doesn't mean either player has or hasn't made it or not made it!!!!

It means at this stage they have belief and confidence in Paddy at present , but not Luke!!!!!

I'm happy to go with expertise over some opinions on here!!!!#

stonecold
SS Life Member

Also Marty, don't think we can blame our current staff/admin for all Clubs mistakes throughout our history!!!!!

Do you?????

stonecold
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:Also Marty, don't think we can blame our current staff/admin for all Clubs mistakes throughout our history!!!!!

Do you?????
Your day tomorrow Paddy, shove it fair up the no-sayers on here, you have my full support!!!!!

Go Paddy!!!!!##!!!!!

citywest

Paddy will go down in history as one of the worst pick ones ever. Considering his medical issue he should have been drafted in the 25 - 35 range bracket.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

citywest wrote:Paddy will go down in history as one of the worst pick ones ever. Considering his medical issue he should have been drafted in the 25 - 35 range bracket.
Paddy one out in the forward line ...will kick six tomorrow.....

stonecold
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:Paddy will go down in history as one of the worst pick ones ever. Considering his medical issue he should have been drafted in the 25 - 35 range bracket.
Your opinion, not mine!!!!!##!!!!!

SAAD
Club Player

Give him to the end of the year. In 19 games he has done some good things. Freo last year he looked good. Hawthorn at Tassie last year he played well could have won us the game after that huge pack mark. I thought the West Coast game this year he was solid enough. He will prove us wrong like Billings. Not saying he is gonna be the best player in the league but he will improve he's played 20 games. I am impatient at as well but I reckon he could tear it up tomorrow and make the forward line his OWN!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:
Paddy one out in the forward line ...will kick six tomorrow.....
I'd love him to

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
citywest

SAAD wrote:Give him to the end of the year. In 19 games he has done some good things. Freo last year he looked good. Hawthorn at Tassie last year he played well could have won us the game after that huge pack mark. I thought the West Coast game this year he was solid enough. He will prove us wrong like Billings. Not saying he is gonna be the best player in the league but he will improve he's played 20 games. I am impatient at as well but I reckon he could tear it up tomorrow and make the forward line his OWN!
Wishful thinking is one thing but this is bordering on delusional.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Hope he has a ripper and proves me wrong.
He is a good kid and seems well liked at the Saints.
Will be cheering him on tomorrow but footy hasn't got much room for sentimentality so he will be ultimately judged on his output no longer on his potential.

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

He did take that awesome hanger v Hawks last year.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
SAAD wrote:Give him to the end of the year. In 19 games he has done some good things. Freo last year he looked good. Hawthorn at Tassie last year he played well could have won us the game after that huge pack mark. I thought the West Coast game this year he was solid enough. He will prove us wrong like Billings. Not saying he is gonna be the best player in the league but he will improve he's played 20 games. I am impatient at as well but I reckon he could tear it up tomorrow and make the forward line his OWN!
Wishful thinking is one thing but this is bordering on delusional.
Gee you have more front than Myer

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I wish we'd just play Paddy in a stable team over a run of a few games that include easier and tougher opponents...

Instead, he comes in at a time when form is all over the shop, Bruce is out, Riewoldt is out... structures a mess and we're playing Bulldogs after having lost to Sydney.
It feels like he's set up for failure unless this young KPP can drag them over the line against the premiers

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A bit better today. Still very slow.

Maybe if he injects some coke rather than insulin it may help?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
takeaway
Club Player

I thought Paddy advanced today in his development.

Did not clunk his marks, got to a lot of good positions but was often bypassed, or received poor delivery.

Could have kicked three or four.

Get games into him, and when he leads, kick it to him. (Hopefully with a decent pass)

SuperDuper
Club Player

15 posessions and 9 marks looks decent on paper... and he started and finished ok..

But there were some absolute howlers along the way... dropped one in the goalsquare that lead to a 2 goal turn around... dropped a chest mark with the same result

Was really not far from a 10+ mark and 3 goal game which is really what we are asking for.. yet still looked below AFL level out there at this stage

One thing that kills him and Bruce as well is the lack of "chopping the arms" frees.
bruce just could not get one even though he got several a game.. teams also block him from getting a run at it

Chop Reiwoldt's arms and he gets a free... Chop Bruce of Paddys arms and it is play on... playing reiwoldt ahead of them is worth it just for that at the moment

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How was his defensive game

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:
Was really not far from a 10+ mark and 3 goal game which is really what we are asking for
Well that's a positive. We need to persevere with him imo. Bring Bruce back as chf, leave Paddy at ff. Get some structure in place.

Nine marks is a fair effort from a developing forward, especially in a team that got well and truly spanked.