Rumour on AW that Paddy is out

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Re: Rumour on AW that Paddy is out

Gilbert is the fill in guy. Why do we have to replace Gilbert? He will dominate wing where he is best. I love this team.
So much hate for Lonie. The kids a gun. After he kicks 2-4 goals sets up another 2 and makes 8 tackles many here will need to apologize.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Would certainly make sense to me to have Riewoldt play forward and Acres take his spot on the wing. I don't think Lonie should be in the 22 right now. He needs to work on his composure, tackling technique and improve his accuracy in front of goal before he deserves a spot. I'm sure Melbourne are hoping we don't bring in Acres for a repeat of his 28 disposal, 7 mark, 5 tackle, 2 goal game against them last year.

SMS
Club Player

Reality is I dont think it matters. We will smash melbourne. Our depth is very strong and looking at the teams I see us dominating the bookends and at least going even in the midfield.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote:
asiu wrote:so ,
thats two hamstrings in the week leading up to kickoff then ?
I'd say the first one lacks accuracy or isn't as bad as first thought.
hmmm

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think Tony74 was alluding to Paddy as the player that had hamstring soreness. Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the excuses for McCartin. I'm not seeing his potential as a number 1 pick. He's starting to resemble Jack Watts.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
RODOS
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:I think Tony74 was alluding to Paddy as the player that had hamstring soreness. Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the excuses for McCartin. I'm not seeing his potential as a number 1 pick. He's starting to resemble Jack Watts.
?

I understand if you're ragging on his performance, but you can't get angry at the guy for doing his first (?) soft tissue injury in a few years. Almost every player misses a few games from hamstring injuries

jack watts is/was soft. P mac aint soft. Did you watch Darcy Moore last night? P Mac is a much better footballer

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
skeptic wrote:
SMS wrote:Gilbert to wing!!!!
Yes!! Loving this team. For all the Acres fans wake up!!!
He is not top 22 and Lonie is a MUCH better choice. Lonie gives 100% has better goal sense and will be front and square.
Acres in will be a disaster. Fair dinkum learn about AFL please. Thank god AR knows the game and will bring in Lonie.
This is a joke post right?

Lonie fell right out of the best 22 whilst Acres climbed in and several forumites remarked during the JLT that they had written Lonie off.

I got nothing against the kid but to say he is ahead on Blake based on what we've seen is laughable
Its not laughable at all. Lonie was in the last JLT game which was basically considered our best 23 at the time. IF Gresham is going to spend more time in the midfield then Richo may want Lonie as that more permanent crumbing small forward. But also Lonie started landing more of those short passes to forwards that sets them up for shots on goals that he looked so good at when he first joined us. If the big forwards don't have their big marking gloves on, they can drift out of the game. A guy like Lonie can bring them into it. Caleb Daniel for dogs was so valuable as a link up player particularly going into the 50 where he could hit targets so accurately. They may want Lonie to be a similar link-up player so we are not just bombing it in a lot but getting shots on goal well inside 50.
On form, Lonie has played 1 good ore-season in a year.

It is laughable. I'd rather play Sinclair or Minch

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

RODOS wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:I think Tony74 was alluding to Paddy as the player that had hamstring soreness. Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of the excuses for McCartin. I'm not seeing his potential as a number 1 pick. He's starting to resemble Jack Watts.
?

I understand if you're ragging on his performance, but you can't get angry at the guy for doing his first (?) soft tissue injury in a few years. Almost every player misses a few games from hamstring injuries

jack watts is/was soft. P mac aint soft. Did you watch Darcy Moore last night? P Mac is a much better footballer
Moreso about his preparation. I can't understand how you can get a soft tissue injury at training. It shouldn't happen

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Dont think so.
Maybe there will be two outs.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

What?

Jack Watts' issues are performance & workrate issues. Paddy's have been injuries (mainly concussion). If I recall correctly, this is his first soft tissue injury. Happens to many.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
What?

Jack Watts' issues are performance & workrate issues. Paddy's have been injuries (mainly concussion). If I recall correctly, this is his first soft tissue injury. Happens to many.
Not in ability. Would like to see him become more focused on kicking goals rather than being unselfish and would like him to become fitter so he can play a full season.

stonecold
SS Life Member

May play Longer yet, allows Bruce to play forward all game and may double team Maxxy G and working him over with two Rucks!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Kate
Club Player

That's HARSH. Watts is a soft as butter seagull. Paddy's got plenty of ticker.

RODOS
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What?

Not in ability. Would like to see him become more focused on kicking goals rather than being unselfish and would like him to become fitter so he can play a full season.
it is frustrating though, a paddyless saints team is a real letdown, just want the boy to get a bag! has it been confirmed?

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

RODOS wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What?

it is frustrating though, a paddyless saints team is a real letdown, just want the boy to get a bag! has it been confirmed?
Nothing much in the last hour:

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q ... &tbs=qdr:h&*

Nor in the last day, barring the odd musing on the rumour;

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q ... &tbs=qdr:d&*

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
longtimesaint
Club Player

RODOS wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
What?

They don't normally say until the team sheets are in just before the start.

One year will be our year
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote:May play Longer yet, allows Bruce to play forward all game and may double team Maxxy G and working him over with two Rucks!!!!!
That's what I'm thinking, however I reckon that would be a mistake, so I hope not.

Milne
Club Player

It's all rumours at the moment. Let's wait until we get official confirmation

RODOS
Club Player

sticking by that call jaxons?

Playon
Club Player

Newnes? Groin issue?

MARCH 23: Saints head coach Alan Richardson inspects an injury sustained by Jack Newnes of the Saints during a St Kilda Saints AFL training session at Linen House Oval on March 23, 2017

RODOS
Club Player

f*** paddy out lonie in

dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda v Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, 4.35pm AEDT

LATE CHANGES

St Kilda: Paddy McCartin (managed) replaced in the selected side by Jack Lonie
Melbourne: Nil

FINAL INTERCHANGES

Managed in round one :roll:

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

LATE CHANGE.

Paddy - Out
Lonie - In

"Given it is Round 1, we weren't prepared to take any risk with Paddy." saints.com.au/news/2017-03-2…

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:St Kilda v Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, 4.35pm AEDT

LATE CHANGES

FINAL INTERCHANGES

Worst change ever hope it doesnt cost the game...

Playon
Club Player

dragit wrote:St Kilda v Melbourne at Etihad Stadium, 4.35pm AEDT

LATE CHANGES

FINAL INTERCHANGES

Wow, he was training on Friday.
I hope those knocks to the head in the Sydney game didn't effect his hammy too much.

Good call jax